Subaru Sales:March 2016
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru Sales:March 2016 within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; WRX / STI - 2737...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Subaru Sales:March 2016

WRX / STI - 2737
    JOE/Flyin' Under the Radar
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX
    2003 Hammerdown Wagon WRX(sold)
    1983 GL-10 Wagon (RIP)

Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge.
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/282947.png

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mine being one of them!

Mine as well
    2016 WRX Premium
    2017 Chevy Silverado 1500

So many roads----so little time/money

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Other Models:
    Forester: 14,284
    Outback: 14,122
    Crosstrek: 6,973
    Impreza:5193
    Legacy: 5551
    BRZ: 425
    JOE/Flyin' Under the Radar
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX
    2003 Hammerdown Wagon WRX(sold)
    1983 GL-10 Wagon (RIP)

Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge.
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/282947.png

I Support ClubWRX
    Here is the full Subaru press release:

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru of America
    SUBARU OF AMERICA, INC. REPORTS RECORD MARCH SALES
    · Record March - monthly sales increase 0.4 percent over March 2015
    · Best first quarter in Subaru franchise history
    · 52 consecutive months of month-over-month growth
    · Best March ever for Outback and WRX/STI
    · 25 consecutive months of more than 10,000 Outbacks sold
    · 32 consecutive months of more than 10,000 Foresters sold
    Cherry Hill, N.J. - Subaru of America, Inc. today reported record sales for March 2016 totaling 49,285 vehicles, a supply-constrained 0.4 percent gain over March 2015. The company also reported year-to-date sales of 132,397 vehicles, a 0.9 percent gain over the same period in 2015. March marked the 25th consecutive month of 40,000+ vehicle sales for the company, as well as the best first quarter in the history of the Subaru franchise.
    Outback and WRX/STI sales were notably strong as each carline achieved its best March ever.Furthering optimism around the brand, Subaru recently won in three major categories of the Kelley Blue Book KBB.com 2016 Brand Image Awards including Best Overall Brand, Most Trusted Brand and Best Performance Brand.
    “March marked another sales record, as well as the global debut of the all-new Impreza sedan and 5-door models at the New York International Auto Show,” said Thomas J. Doll, president and chief operating officer for Subaru of America. “Overall, this new Impreza will set a new standard in the compact segment and will provide today’s compact car buyer with exactly what they are looking for in terms of safety, reliability, drivability, connectivity and style.”
    “We are pleased to continue our string of monthly sales records given our low availability, as well as achieve the best first quarter in Subaru franchise history,” said Jeff Walters, senior vice president of sales for Subaru of America. “We continue to see strong demand for Subaru vehicles in the U.S., and our retailers are doing an excellent job supporting our growth."
    I was astounded by what SOA's President Tom Doll said at the NADA convention a few days ago when interviewed, that Subaru sales are handcuffed (my word) by lack of capacity. For example whereas the industry shoots for a 60 day supply of each model at dealerships, the WRX only has a "mid-teen" supply at dealerships. I know of three Subaru dealerships close to me that have not a single WRX on their combined lots.

When the Indiana Subaru factory capacity is completely done, and there is a huge production increase, with our 2017 Impreza's being made there, betting that Subaru then re-diverts some amount of their Japanese capacity to increase the number of WRX's made there, and thus become available here (and to other parts of the world that are similarly WRX supply starved).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.