2017 Subaru Impreza is Roomier, Slightly More Powerful
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2017 Subaru Impreza is Roomier, Slightly More Powerful within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The 2017 Subaru Impreza made its official debut at the 2016 New York Auto Show. Built on the all-new Subaru ...

2017 Subaru Impreza is Roomier, Slightly More Powerful

The 2017 Subaru Impreza made its official debut at the 2016 New York Auto Show.

Built on the all-new Subaru Global Platform architecture, the 2017 Impreza will be available in either sedan or five-door hatchback guise when it arrives dealerships in late 2016. The new architecture is "designed to deliver significantly higher levels of driving pleasure, agility, crash protection and ride comfort," according to Subaru. It will eventually underpin numerous Subaru vehicles, including its hybrid offerings.

More: 2017 Subaru Impreza is Roomier, Slightly More Powerful on AutoGuide.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

]I hate to say it but the back end kind of looks like a Camry....

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...CnAQMwhIKAIwAg
    Last edited by oVrKILL; 03-24-2016 at 01:58 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    "Performance has been slightly improved with a revised version of the 2.0-liter four-cylinder Boxer engine now providing 152 horsepower compared to the previous generation’s 148 hp."

Exhilarating.
    Moderator for all public forums
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I find it ironic my mother in law just bought a 2016 Impreza, red no less, and a week later, bam a new model is debuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    "Performance has been slightly improved with a revised version of the 2.0-liter four-cylinder Boxer engine now providing 152 horsepower compared to the previous generation’s 148 hp."

Exhilarating.
    But if it put down 250 hp what's the point of the wrx?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Mazda 3
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    But if it put down 250 hp what's the point of the wrx?
    The WRX would then have 352 hp! In my world anyway ...
    Moderator for all public forums
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I think the wrx has the right amount of power now, it just needs better economy. Look at the accord, it puts down nearly 280hp and cruises around 30mpg, and I've seen people say they can get better.

The impreza family being smaller should easily be able to meet that mark.

All? NO ALL!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    I think the wrx has the right amount of power now, it just needs better economy. Look at the accord, it puts down nearly 280hp and cruises around 30mpg, and I've seen people say they can get better.

The current V6 Accord is rated for 21/34 mpg with 26mpg combined, but is only FWD. The WRX gets 23mpg combined, but has AWD. That doesn't seem that bad to me...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

With a smaller platform, lighter vehicle, awd or not you should be competitive with those numbers. My Jk jeep had nearly 1000lbs more, had larger heavy tires, much heavier drivetrain, and zero aerodynamic advantage and got similar mileage as my wrx.

There is no excuse for the wrx getting low mpg.

All? NO ALL!

It's the gearing. I'm at 3K RPM cruising at 75 mph. At 70, I can get 27mpg... at 80, I get barely over 20. I know this was improved with the newer models, but even so, I think the higher gears can be a bit taller.

The newer models also go into boost sooner, so this may possibly offset the efficiency benefits of a 6th gear and slightly different ratios. This makes sense to me. They do get better mileage, but only slightly. Not sure how the engine handles fuel management once you're on boost (even if its just .5 psi), but one would imagine more air means more fuel. I could be completely off, and if I am, somebody please explain... but this makes sense to me.

If I'm at least partly right, then perhaps Subaru can program/create an "economy" mode where boost can be bypassed or dumped for efficient highway cruising, alleviating the need to adjust the fuel/air ratio for even that slight bit of boost you may get from feathering the throttle when you're right at the threshold.

Banned
    my God that is not a good looking automobile. I pray the wrx looks nothing like it

Water.....sometimes waves rqjoe's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
    It's the gearing. I'm at 3K RPM cruising at 75 mph. At 70, I can get 27mpg... at 80, I get barely over 20. I know this was improved with the newer models, but even so, I think the higher gears can be a bit taller.

The newer models also go into boost sooner, so this may possibly offset the efficiency benefits of a 6th gear and slightly different ratios. This makes sense to me. They do get better mileage, but only slightly. Not sure how the engine handles fuel management once you're on boost (even if its just .5 psi), but one would imagine more air means more fuel. I could be completely off, and if I am, somebody please explain... but this makes sense to me.

If I'm at least partly right, then perhaps Subaru can program/create an "economy" mode where boost can be bypassed or dumped for efficient highway cruising, alleviating the need to adjust the fuel/air ratio for even that slight bit of boost you may get from feathering the throttle when you're right at the threshold.
    I missed this thread before but you must mean the STI right? With the 15 WRX I can consistently get 32mpg combined and on 70mph highway trips, I have gotten 35 before. I'd say that is much better than past WRXs. It is easy to do with the current setup of the oem car.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rqjoe View Post
    I missed this thread before but you must mean the STI right? With the 15 WRX I can consistently get 32mpg combined and on 70mph highway trips, I have gotten 35 before. I'd say that is much better than past WRXs. It is easy to do with the current setup of the oem car.
    No you don't. You see that on your trip computer, not at the pump.

WWW.Fuelly.com.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Street supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Now chock-full of more subforums! |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I second that. When I calculate my fuel mileage based off of how much I put in I vary up to 4mpg from that gauge.

All? NO ALL!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.