5 Tips from a Pro Rally Driver to Help Your Everyday Driving
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 5 Tips from a Pro Rally Driver to Help Your Everyday Driving within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Antoine L’Estage knows how to drive. He has won the Canadian Rally Championship eight times, including the past six years ...

5 Tips from a Pro Rally Driver to Help Your Everyday Driving

Antoine L’Estage knows how to drive.

He has won the Canadian Rally Championship eight times, including the past six years in a row. He has also won the North American Rally Cup several times and is a previous Rally America champion.

In case his rally dominance wasn’t already enough, for the 2105 season, L’Estage joined Subaru Canada as the factory driver for the Rocket Rally Racing WRX STI Rally car. Having already secured yet another driver and manufacturer championship, I was invited up to Bancroft, Ontario, by Subaru Canada to witness the final stop on the Canadian Rally Championship, the 2015 Rally of the Tall Pines.

Before the event began, I had some time to sit down with L’Estage and discuss what makes him such a dominant rally driver. Are the skills needed to be the best at bombing through forest roads much the same as those needed in everyday driving? His answer is yes. What makes for a good driver is the same regardless of the situation. He pointed out five skills he hones for rallying events that everyone should be utilizing on the road to make themselves better drivers in general.
    Read more about the 5 Tips from a Pro Rally Driver to Help Your Everyday Driving at AutoGuide.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Great read!

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree with all of them. In regards to the last one, it's sometimes simply matching tires to the conditions of the road. I hear out here in CO they are going to start heavily charging people who cause accidents because their tires were not equipped to the season.
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB - Stage 2

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by strudinox View Post
    I agree with all of them. In regards to the last one, it's sometimes simply matching tires to the conditions of the road. I hear out here in CO they are going to start heavily charging people who cause accidents because their tires were not equipped to the season.
    You know, I'm totally cool with that. I know a few people who run inappropriate tires up and down i70 to ski in their RWD vehicles. Drives me nuts -- I refuse to get in the car with them.

BTW, I saw another 2015/16 rex today at the Ace in longmont I was going to get hose clamps to adjust my new nameless axelback!

Banned
    good info thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.