Subaru Sales:Mar 2015
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru Sales:Mar 2015 within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Outback: 12,504 Forester: 14,967 Crosstrek: 7,162 Legacy: 6,148 Impreza: 5,364 WRX / STI: 2471 BRZ:495...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Subaru Sales:Mar 2015

Outback: 12,504
    Forester: 14,967
    Crosstrek: 7,162
    Legacy: 6,148
    Impreza: 5,364
    WRX / STI: 2471
    BRZ:495
    JOE/Flyin' Under the Radar
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX
    2003 Hammerdown Wagon WRX(sold)
    1983 GL-10 Wagon (RIP)

Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge.
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/282947.png

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    lol why are the BRZ's not selling?
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

I Support ClubWRX
    Because for almost the same price you can get a wrx
    Hawkeye Alliance 520

Previous cars:
    2010 Mitsubishi Lancer (sold)
    2009 WRX (sold )
    2013 Scion tC (sold)
    2008 Audi A4 (Totaled)

Photographer/storm chaser
    https://www.facebook.com/kevinrimphoto
    IG - kevinrimcoski

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Because winter? I would guess as spring/summer rolls in and the weather across the US gets warmer, more will sell. A BRZ hasn't been a very practical car in the much of the Northeast (or maybe even just east of the Rockies? IDK, no winter here on CA coast =p) this year.

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    oh yea that makes sense... especially now that the 2015 wrx models and up have the automatic option too...

Home of the blues, the Blues, and the real life blues.
    I love the idea of the BRZ... but ^ this ^

When my wife and I test drove a BRZ a few years ago it was on the showroom floor and they had to move a new WRX to get to it. I was drooling over both cars, since I'd always been a WRX fan, but not yet an owner. The associated fired up the brz. Sounded smooth. Then they fired up the WRX, which boomed through the showroom floor. My wife looked and me and said "Why the hell don't you still want one of THOSE?"

I hadn't driven the WRX since 2009, when I took a couple of them for a spin. That night. we took the BRZ for a spin and it was a lot of fun. However... A couple months later I drove my new 13 WRX off the lot... No rA-grets.

Now that I have my STi in the garage I would love to have a BRZ in addition to the STi, but never as a substitution.

Contributes Nothing ShiftingLanes's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    BRZ will be upgraded with a tS or whatever they'll call it model soon enough. I think the improvements might justify the price finally.

Unless they jack the price up, in which case it might not.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    I love the idea of the BRZ... but ^ this ^

When my wife and I test drove a BRZ a few years ago it was on the showroom floor and they had to move a new WRX to get to it. I was drooling over both cars, since I'd always been a WRX fan, but not yet an owner. The associated fired up the brz. Sounded smooth. Then they fired up the WRX, which boomed through the showroom floor. My wife looked and me and said "Why the hell don't you still want one of THOSE?"

I hadn't driven the WRX since 2009, when I took a couple of them for a spin. That night. we took the BRZ for a spin and it was a lot of fun. However... A couple months later I drove my new 13 WRX off the lot... No rA-grets.

Now that I have my STi in the garage I would love to have a BRZ in addition to the STi, but never as a substitution.
    haha yea I know what you mean... i was cross-shopping tons of cars and I remember my dad and I were taking a look at the BRZ and WRX together at the same time...

when the WRX was turned on (with the spt-catback) my dad looked right at me and was like "yea I think I know which one we're gonna get" haha

Registered User Firefighterjake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Germz to Japz View Post
    lol why are the BRZ's not selling?
    As mentioned ... similar price.

Perhaps it also might be a matter of numbers as well ... I was cross shopping both models and couldn't find any new ones in Maine, but there were several WRXs ... I also may be wrong, but for some reason I was thinking Subaru was not making a lot of BRZs compared to the FRS.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterjake View Post
    As mentioned ... similar price.

Perhaps it also might be a matter of numbers as well ... I was cross shopping both models and couldn't find any new ones in Maine, but there were several WRXs ... I also may be wrong, but for some reason I was thinking Subaru was not making a lot of BRZs compared to the FRS.
    yea that makes sense... also might be because the FRS is a tad cheaper than the BRZ with also slightly cheaper options from the factory... at least from what I saw when looking at the two cars...

I Support ClubWRX
    I think being winter as well could have played a role.

Personally I think the brz looks better and has better options
    Hawkeye Alliance 520

Previous cars:
    2010 Mitsubishi Lancer (sold)
    2009 WRX (sold )
    2013 Scion tC (sold)
    2008 Audi A4 (Totaled)

Photographer/storm chaser
    https://www.facebook.com/kevinrimphoto
    IG - kevinrimcoski

mrd
    BRZ is nice car, but I would never sub it with WRX or STi. BRZ is like go-kart compared to WRX/STi. It feels excellent on road and I love it, but when I really want to drive I take my STi and feel the power on the mountain roads. Can not compare those two. BRZ is for me only fun drive, but no traveling or anything that involve all 4 of us. Price wise to WRX less boost.

I Support ClubWRX
    Is this worldwide?
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB - Stage 2

Registered User Firefighterjake's Avatar
    I think being winter as well could have played a role.

Personally I think the brz looks better and has better options

I agree as well with it being winter . . . traditionally Subaru's "thing" has been the AWD . . . and in the snowbelt states folks looking to buy a car or a Subaru may be swayed by the AWD or 4WD (other manufacturers) in the winter . . . and this winter has been a long one up here. Supposed to finally break into the 50 degree mark today.

Home of the blues, the Blues, and the real life blues.
    I feel like the WRX/STi is the car you want for your everyday modding and driving. Especially when buying new. I feel like the BRZ/FRS will be a better buy used. I'd like to have one in several years with 70-80k miles on the clock. Something I can buy for a reasonable price and mod it strictly for a weekend warrior/occasional track car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.