Subaru reveals coupe-like 2015 Legacy Concept ahead of LA show
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru reveals coupe-like 2015 Legacy Concept ahead of LA show within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru reveals coupe-like 2015 Legacy Concept ahead of LA show - Autoblog Subaru has pulled the covers off its 2015 ...

I Support ClubWRX

Subaru reveals coupe-like 2015 Legacy Concept ahead of LA show

Subaru reveals coupe-like 2015 Legacy Concept ahead of LA show - Autoblog

Subaru has pulled the covers off its 2015 Legacy Concept before the car's debut at the LA Auto Show next week. The sedan trades in its relatively staid styling for a more aggressive, coupe-like design that almost makes us forget about the rear doors from some angles. Overall, the Legacy looks beefier than your average Subaru, similar to the Ford Taurus.

The concept's character line stretches all the way back to a small trunk, which helps the car achieve its coupe-like appearance. But the front end makes the biggest impression, with "hawk-eye" headlamps and a gaping hexagonal grille with three horizontal slats. The taillights have a shape similar to the headlamps to "enhance the solidity of the overall design," Subaru says.

Custom paint called Ocean Silver Metallic adorns the concept, which sports 21-inch wheels under bulging wheel arches that Subaru says hints at the standard all-wheel-drive system (the BRZ is the only two-wheel-drive Subie).

Head below for the press release, and be sure to check in next week for more information (and photos) of the Legacy Concept live from the LA Auto Show.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"Looks like a Ford Taurus"

Bingo.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm beginning to wonder if Subaru snagged someone from the Ford design team. Like the guy who drew the Taurus.

Wouldn't be the first time this was alleged http://jalopnik.com/was-the-subaru-s...len-1037305131
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Kinda reminds me of an Accord coupe

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Mehhh.... Looks to have overly large features and Ugly.

I Support ClubWRX
    This just seems like an evolution of the 2012 Advanced Tourer Concept. Very similar grill and light features.

Next Subaru WRX previewed by Advanced Tourer concept - Autoblog

Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

The first photo reminds me of a Hyundai...

The last photo Reminds me of the Lexus Hybrid. Except chopped and lengthened.

yuck. and replacing tires on that thing will require taking out another loan. ill pass thanks.

.....does subaru even know how to build a car that big? it should make working on the motor easy though, all that room under that body. you could climb into the fender to change sparkplugs!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    ...does subaru even know how to build a car that big?
    Absolutely! Ever heard of the Exiga? It's a Japanese MPV in the same vein as the Toyota Wish or Mazda5. It seats 7 people, it's offered in NA and 2.0T models, and there was even an STI version. Like many of Subaru's JDM cars, AWD is an option, but comes standard on the turbo model.

Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Is it just me or do all of these concept cars look gross...?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.