2015 Reveal on on 11/20 at 10:30 a.m. PT at LA Auto show - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 121 to 124 of 124

This is a discussion on 2015 Reveal on on 11/20 at 10:30 a.m. PT at LA Auto show within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SGOSWRX I'm disappointed to say the least. The WRX used to be very noticeable. It had an ...

  1. #121
    Registered User velociraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Grand Ledge, MI
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX View Post
    I'm disappointed to say the least. The WRX used to be very noticeable. It had an aggressive unique look. The 2015 WRX no longer has that aggressive/unique look that made me like WRXs/STis from the beginning.
    While I agree with the aggressive stance of previous WRXs, looks like they are trying to make this more of a "sleeper" sedan. Anyways, function > form, that's why I bought a Rex. I did not want Harman Kardon ( the exhaust note is music enough!! ) I was happy with the basic and simple interiors. I come from an R/T and it has way better interior features than the Rex, but I am OK with that.I would have probably waited for the 15 if it came in a hatch because of the powertrain upgrade. But no hatch was a deal breaker for me. I am so happy I got a MY14 hatch that I could put a medium sized cupboard int it to take home and save $$ for delivery from a furniture store. The same thing never fit in my R/T because of a sedan trunk height. Hatch FTW !
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. 12-23-2013, 11:30 AM

    Registered User

    Reason
    dup

  4. #122
    Registered User Raven Logics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Plus, the new drive train is stronger, more accepting of power mods...
    I'm not saying you are wrong, but I doubt you know that to be true at this time.

  5. #123
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,438
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    I'm not saying you are wrong, but I doubt you know that to be true at this time.
    I do know it to be true. This motor in the BRZ easily handles 400+ hp with Crawfords turbo tuning. That is without the strengthened valves and more aggressive cams.

    The FA20DIT has already been proven to handle mods better. In fact there is a video from Crawford stating how they made more power, more efficiently on the FA20DIT than on the EJ series motor.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  6. #124
    Registered User Raven Logics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I do know it to be true. This motor in the BRZ easily handles 400+ hp with Crawfords turbo tuning. That is without the strengthened valves and more aggressive cams.
    I'm thinking in terms of longevity - the EJ is known to handle mods over time, but the FA20 hasn't been around long enough to prove its ability. You could be right, but without a track record you don't know that yet.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •