2015 Reveal on on 11/20 at 10:30 a.m. PT at LA Auto show - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 Reveal on on 11/20 at 10:30 a.m. PT at LA Auto show within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by velociraptor I did notice the torque vectoring AWD, Si -Drive on the CVT ( why not on ...

Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    I did notice the torque vectoring AWD, Si -Drive on the CVT ( why not on the manual??).
    If I read correctly, torque vectoring is on all models. VDT (vehicle torque distribution) is on the CVT model and changes the 50/50 split. Si Drive doesn't sound like the STI version, but a way to increase the response from the manual simulation on the CVT (so it mimics a 6 or 8 speed gearbox). I am just guessing, don't quote me on it.

As for the looks, I showed my wife. She hates cars, especially if I am thinking about buying one. I showed her the outgoing model - she frowned. I showed her the new red one and she actually said it looked good. Not because of the colour (I asked), she's not dumb she actually liked the car. Let me get this straight - she hates cars, but she likes the new WRX. She did not flinch when I said I might buy one. HELLO!
    Last edited by Raven Logics; 11-22-2013 at 03:36 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    As for the looks, I showed my wife. She hates cars, especially if I am thinking about buying one. I showed her the outgoing model - she frowned. I showed her the new red one and she actually said it looked good. Not because of the colour (I asked), she's not dumb she actually liked the car. Let me get this straight - she hates cars, but she likes the new WRX. She did not flinch when I said I might buy one. HELLO!
    My hunch is that this is what subaru was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    I did notice the torque vectoring AWD, Si -Drive on the CVT ( why not on the manual??)
    If I read correctly, torque vectoring is on all models. VDT (vehicle torque distribution) is on the CVT model and changes the 50/50 split. Si Drive doesn't sound like the STI version, but a way to increase the response from the manual simulation on the CVT (so it mimics a 6 or 8 speed gearbox). I am just guessing, don't quote me on it.
    I was just referring to the Si Drive. They could have put it in the manual too. The STi has it. Or may be the manual does not need it like the sloppy CVT :-)
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

I wish they would have used the tail lights from the concept. I really liked them for some reason!
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

Pretty excited for pricing in Jan, checking it out at the philly auto show in feb, talking numbers with the dealer, and maybe making a move on one in the summer. I really want a white car but the new ones in white seem a bit dull in the photos. I can't believe Subaru addressed every complaint I have about my 11

The SI drive looks to be purely for gearbox emulation. Sport mode emulates a 6 speed gearbox, while sports sharp switches to an 8 speed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dtraill27 View Post
    Pretty excited for pricing in Jan, checking it out at the philly auto show in feb, talking numbers with the dealer, and maybe making a move on one in the summer. I really want a white car but the new ones in white seem a bit dull in the photos. I can't believe Subaru addressed every complaint I have about my 11
    White looks terrible on the new body style. It hides all the body lines.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

The Levorg will probably become Subaru's hatch offering, or at least lead to it.
    Subaru

I Support ClubWRX
    The front and the back straight on shots look NOTHING alike.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I think if it had nicer wheels, it would definitely look a lot better overall. I love the interior and 6spd standard is a plus. I think the real verdict comes when we see what they do with the STi.

Subaru needs to change the way their options work. Buying a limited edition as the only way to get HIDs from the factory is a bit dumb, especially when retrofits are becoming very popular and getting cheaper.
    '14 SWP STI

I'm disappointed to say the least. The WRX used to be very noticeable. It had an aggressive unique look. The 2015 WRX no longer has that aggressive/unique look that made me like WRXs/STis from the beginning.

I was one of the first people to get a WRX when they first came out in the U.S. I was also one of the first people to get an STi when it came out in the U.S. I was on a pre-order waiting list for both cars because I was very excited about their looks and performance.
    Now the WRX is gradually becoming a family sedan. It losing its aggressive/unique styling that brought me to the car in the first place.
    I'm disappointed because I was considering a WRX or STi for my daily driver and keeping my Camaro for weekend cruising/track days.
    Maybe I should look for a used WRX with the old body style? But I'm always a little afraid to buy a used performance car.

13. 12-22-2013, 04:01 PM

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX View Post
    I'm disappointed to say the least. The WRX used to be very noticeable. It had an aggressive unique look. The 2015 WRX no longer has that aggressive/unique look that made me like WRXs/STis from the beginning.

I was one of the first people to get a WRX when they first came out in the U.S. I was also one of the first people to get an STi when it came out in the U.S. I was on a pre-order waiting list for both cars because I was very excited about their looks and performance.
    Now the WRX is gradually becoming a family sedan. It losing its aggressive/unique styling that brought me to the car in the first place.
    I'm disappointed because I was considering a WRX or STi for my daily driver and keeping my Camaro for weekend cruising/track days.
    Maybe I should look for a used WRX with the old body style? But I'm always a little afraid to buy a used performance car.
    It's all personal preference. I would say if you can find a good used bugeye with clean maintenance history HYFR. I am starting to think I want an old EVO for a winter/beater We all have different opinions...

Quote Originally Posted by wrxnguyen View Post
    Subaru is moving on the wrong direction
    Exactly my point. Subaru is now trying to make the WRX friendly to all types of people (wife, sister, grandmother, etc). They will sell more cars that way, but at the expense of the hard core WRX faithful.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 12-22-2013 at 04:22 PM.

I feel like all the new cars are looking to generic now. Ever since Audi introduced their led headlights everyone has been biting off of them. And what's up with the new Mercedes/kia and Honda accord tail lights looking all the same? Even the Ford fusion tail lights look like 08+ sedan. when I have more time I'm going to post up all these cars that have that "generic look"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX View Post
    Exactly my point. Subaru is now trying to make the WRX friendly to all types of people (wife, sister, grandmother, etc). They will sell more cars that way, but at the expense of the hard core WRX faithful.
    Except that this new car handles better than every WRX Subaru has made before it. Plus, the new drive train is stronger, more accepting of power mods and, has a 6MT. Really fail to see how that is doing anything at the expense of us.

Looks are 100% subjective, and this always happens when Subaru announces a new body style. People hate on it for a while and then most come around. Give it some time to be in the aftermarket's hands. It will be fine.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!