2015 Reveal on on 11/20 at 10:30 a.m. PT at LA Auto show - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 Reveal on on 11/20 at 10:30 a.m. PT at LA Auto show within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I do like that diffuser on there....

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I do like that diffuser on there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Speaking of wheels...
    I have a set of 17x8 OZ Ultraleggera wheels from my '08 WRX...matte graphite silver. I was going to sell them. However, I'm thinking I could put them on a 2015-2016 WRX...?...anyone know if the bolt patterns are the same as current gen WRX?
    I think I may go for the CVT to be honest. I like the idea of adjustable ride settings and the rear bias torque distribution. I'm hearing very good things about the one in the Forester XT presently. Supposedly it has very quick and smooth shifts.

For those who think more could be done, let's not forget that Subaru will have left some room for changes on future models. More aggressive arches spring to mind

I have to say that I like the look of the new car, but as an old '08 owner I am wary of what is planned for the following year. I felt that we got robbed when the '09 was released and am a little wary of jumping into one of these straight away. I'll have to try one and then decide, because I can't keep buying new WRX's!

Has anyone heard any rumours of pricing yet?

Glad I got one when I did. This looks like every other sedan on the road IMO. Boring.
    Not so much anymore.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    Glad I got one when I did. This looks like every other sedan on the road IMO. Boring.
    Glad you can look past the appearance.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Glad you can look past the appearance.
    Can't look past your appearance.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

First thing I go for in a car is appearance, then everything else. I'm sure it's a refinement, super fun to drive, etc, but I wouldn't look twice if I saw one of them on the road. I also don't like 6 speeds, I drove one for awhile and felt like I was shifting every 2 seconds.
    Not so much anymore.

Yeah I'm not going to drive a car I don't think looks really good to me. So far the 2015 doesn't look great to me. It doesn't look bad, but its not "good" to me.

I'm going to save my true judgement until I get to see it in person and hopefully drive one.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Every time there is a change to the WRX people seem to complain, that is until the next one is released then the previous one becomes a classic. The reality is that they all look like an average sedan would if it had a spoiler, body kit and a hood scoop. That's the "charm" of Subaru.

Good point, and why I have the hatchback. The sedans never did it for me so this should have come as no surprise...but I was kinda nervous the new release would blow me away and I'd be all 'I can't believe I bought a '04 Mustang'.
    Not so much anymore.

I did notice the torque vectoring AWD, Si -Drive on the CVT ( why not on the manual??). HK audio will be nice. But "no hatch" was deal breaker. So I ordered a MY14 which arrives in 2 weeks !!
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

eh, from the released pictures I am not all that impressed to be honest. Looks too..... i dont know, common. The only thing that stands out is of course the hood scoop, other than that it looks like a camry to me. Also, not a big fan of the wheels. However, a few things caught my eye, like apparently there will be a 6-speed transmission in them now(if i read that correctly) Also, I dont think they have released the hp rating on it yet, but im sure it will make a little more power. I am on the fence, will have to wait until I see one person and drive one.

But as of now, the 11-14 wrx's look much better.
    Last edited by WRX-maniac; 11-21-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    eh, from the released pictures I am not all that impressed to be honest. Looks too..... i dont know, common. The only thing that stands out is of course the hood scoop, other than that it looks like a camry to me. Also, not a big fan of the wheels. However, a few things caught my eye, like apparently there will be a 6-speed transmission in them now(if i read that correctly) Also, I dont think they have released the hp rating on it yet, but im sure it will make a little more power. I am on the fence, will have to wait until I see one person and drive one.

But as of now, the 11-14 wrx's look much better.
    Yes 6MT is an option (there is no 5MT option) alongside CVT.

HP rating is 268
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    First thing I go for in a car is appearance, then everything else. I'm sure it's a refinement, super fun to drive, etc, but I wouldn't look twice if I saw one of them on the road. I also don't like 6 speeds, I drove one for awhile and felt like I was shifting every 2 seconds.
    You and I are complete opposites. The last quality for which I seek in a car is appearance. I spend more time IN the car (where I cannot see the exterior) than gazing upon the car from outside. Furthermore, I would much rather slip by unnoticed than call attention to myself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I dont like the look of the 15 wrx. I like the interior upgrades but not the body look.
    Looks more like every other sedan out there like others have said. glad i got my 14
    14 WRX SWP Sedan
    Fog lights, Short throw shifter, SPT Exhaust,