Subaru WRX Forum banner

ClubWRX.net has been Acquired by AutoGuide.com

193K views 40 replies 32 participants last post by  Mikie13 
#1 ·
Dear ClubWRX.net Members,

I would like to announce that ClubWRX.net was acquired by AutoGuide.com and as of today the site is already being hosted by the guys there. Over the years I have been approached by many potential buyers and have turned down many offers for various reasons and recently I decided to sell the site to AutoGuide.com because they they seem to have a good management and technical team in place. It was a tough decision to part with the site that I have built from the ground up for the last 12 years, but over the years I have not been able to participate on the site as much as I want to. I believe their resources will allow ClubWRX.net to continue to grow its contents and its members. ClubWRX will continue to run the way it has been and all of the moderators will remain on board and they are going to do the best that they can to improve the site.

I want to thank everyone who has been a part of the forum, particularly those who selflessly dedicated their time to help other members get the most of their Subaru ownership experience, particularly the moderators who have helped me with all the administrative tasks over the years. I'll remain as a member on the site and you guys are always welcome to message me via private messages and I'll try my best to answer some of your questions. Meanwhile we will try to make the transition as smoothly as possible and hopefully you guys will barely notice that I am gone. Be nice to each other and have fun on the site. I will miss being the administrator here, I'll be checking in from time to time and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys take the site to the next level with the help of AutoGuide.com. Take care and enjoy!

:thumbup:

Tim Lau
BlazinWRX
Your Former Admin

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all. My name is Dwayn and I am a Community Manager for Autoguide.com and will be joining the site and assisting with the duties. I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them or send me a message.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

Thanks,
Dwayn

#4 · (Edited)
thank you very much for all the hard work in bringing up the club. i might not have a year under my membership yet but i can say i appreciate every bit of the club and its members. my car would probably be stuck in a service lot without it!

and welcome the new admin! brand new shiny BAN-HAMMER! haha:woocow:

#15 ·
So, no more Database or Server Too Busy Errors??? :weee::zing::beerchug::lovewave::schwing::drive2::w00t::fyea:

#16 ·
To the new owners:

Please take special notice that this site is like an online home to many of us. We are a comunity of enthusiasts that are helpfull to our fellow Subie owners. Please please please don't go and **** this place up.

Reactions: tirerob
#22 ·
Pshhh...with your disdain for your WRX, you'll be gone in the next 12 months :p

#23 ·
A HUGE thank you to the previous owner Tim for all of his dedication put forth to make Clubwrx what we know and love today. Also, thank you for being so selective in the buyer process--because of this we have faith that we're being left in great hands!

:woocow: Welcome aboard, Dwayn! Hold on tight to your hat... :woocow:

#24 ·
Get a new wife.

#35 ·
Well I must say this is very disappointing. This WAS my favorite Subby forum :( AG has ruined my old forum but I don't want to say any more here publically as to not get banned. If anyone chooses to know more they can PM me.

Sad sad day for a good forum
These guys have bought up almost every forum I've ever been on in my life. Look at the list (Vertical Scope is the parent company)
VerticalScope : Powersports Vertical,
Automobile Reviews, Videos, Pictures and Automobile Prices

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.