Server Upgrade Complete! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Server Upgrade Complete! within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I thought the server was upgraded? It runs slower than ever...still throws random database errors, and double posts everything....

I thought the server was upgraded? It runs slower than ever...still throws random database errors, and double posts everything.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's been hit or miss for me, this morning. I've had moments where if flies and works fine...others where it hangs until I get the server error screen.

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
    ^^^That always cracks me up, for some reason.
    It's sure not making it easy for me to chase spammers, this morning.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I've noticed a LOT of double posts recently. Nearly every time I submit a post, I get "Do you want to navigate away from this page?" Usually if I click "Yes", it only submits one post, but lately, I've seen two or more show up.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I've noticed a LOT of double posts recently. Nearly every time I submit a post, I get "Do you want to navigate away from this page?" Usually if I click "Yes", it only submits one post, but lately, I've seen two or more show up.
    I get it a lot of times. More often than not now...and it's very frustrating.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    O RLY?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Take now, for instance...

Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for reporting these issues. I'm looking into this right now with our host so you may encounter some server errors during the next 30 minutes (edit: hour or two) or so as we adjust.

Other than that, please do post the entire error message if you come across any with a time and timezone and I'll be able to look into it.

The double posting turns out to be related to our new caching system on the new server so I'll look into alternatives or fixes.

Thanks for the help and please do continue to report any issues you come across.
    Justin
    ClubWRX.net Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the double posting still happening since my last post yesterday? I adjusted some mysql settings and enabled vbulletin's double post prevention feature, but it sounds like it's actually designed to merge subsequent posts instead of completely prevent them.
    Justin
    ClubWRX.net Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@ClubWRX View Post
    Is the double posting still happening since my last post yesterday? I adjusted some mysql settings and enabled vbulletin's double post prevention feature, but it sounds like it's actually designed to merge subsequent posts instead of completely prevent them.
    Dunno what you might have done yesterday, but the site has been flying today. No double posts that I have seen, and the lag has all but subsided. Quite snappy again. Well done!

I Support ClubWRX
    Dunno what you might have done yesterday, but the site has been flying today. No double posts that I have seen, and the lag has all but subsided. Quite snappy again. Well done!

This! It is working great today!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    It's moving really slow for the last 2 days. Not trying to be Capt Obvious but tossing back some feedback. Still my fav forum

I Support ClubWRX
    Running well for me, today.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@ClubWRX View Post
    ive had it merge a double post a few times. but i do like the merge update feature
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi Guys,
    My apologies for the error that showed up the past 30 minutes. Our host made some changes (related to the double posting problem) without our permission that broke the site but it's since been fixed.

With that said, the double posting problem should now be fixed. Merging the posts like we had previously set didn't completely solve the problem. Please let me know if accidental double posts still occur.
    Justin
    ClubWRX.net Admin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12