Redesigned 2012 Subaru Impreza retains $17,495* starting price

This is a discussion on Redesigned 2012 Subaru Impreza retains ,495* starting price within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Think you know everything there is to know about the redesigned 2012 Subaru Impreza? If you read our deep dive ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post Redesigned 2012 Subaru Impreza retains $17,495* starting price

Think you know everything there is to know about the redesigned 2012 Subaru Impreza? If you read our deep dive on the model, you're probably right. Except for one important tidbit: its price.

Subaru has announced that it is holding the line on the Impreza, with the 2012 starting at $17,495 (*plus $750 for destination). That's the same price as the older 2011 model. Those wishing for a five-door hatch bodystyle in place of the standard four-door sedan will need to spend an extra $500.

Those base prices include a five-speed manual transmission, which can be replaced with a completely new CVT automatic for an additional thousand dollars. Buyers can opt to upgrade their rides with the 2.0i Premium package ($18,795), Sport Premium ($20,295) or Limited ($21,595), each with additional content over the package it replaces.

Naturally, all Impreza models feature the company's excellent all-wheel-drive technology, and they'll be in dealerships in November of 2011. For all the details....

-----------------------------

Subaru of America Holds the Line on Pricing for 2012 Impreza
    --Starting at just $17,495 the 2012 Impreza matches outgoing model

CHERRY HILL, N.J., Aug. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Subaru of America, Inc. today announced pricing for its much-anticipated 2012 Impreza. Starting at just $17,495 for the base model 4-door Impreza 2.0i with a five-speed manual transmission, the car's starting price remains unchanged compared with last year's. The automatic version, offered exclusively with Subaru's newly designed continuously variable transmission (CVT) starts at $18,495. The base 5-door Impreza 2.0i starts at $17,995 when equipped with a five-speed transmission and $18,995 for the CVT-equipped model.

The 2012 Impreza is also offered in 2.0i Premium, Sport Premium and Limited models – the Limited a new addition for this year. The 4-door 2.0i Premium starts at $18,795, while the 5-door Premium starts at $19,295. For the 2.0i Limited, prices start at $21,595 for the 4-door and $22,095 for the 5-door version. Finally, the Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium starts at $20,295 and is only offered in the 5-door body style. A new Sport Limited model is also available. These prices all reflect MSRP before the $750.00 destination charge.

Changes for this year's Impreza include the all-new 148 horsepower 2.0-liter SUBARU BOXER® engine with projected EPA fuel economy of 27 mpg city and 36 mpg highway. When equipped with the new Lineartronic® CVT transmission, the 2012 Impreza is the most fuel-efficient all-wheel drive car in America. All 2012 Imprezas feature Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive. The 2012 Impreza will arrive in dealerships November 2011.

Read More: autoblog.com/impreza retains price

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think it looks good for an entry level car. And I like 36MPG
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

at first look it reminded me of a Suzuki Aerio.

but it looks like the ditched the projector headlights found in the previous impreza?

I absolutely hate those mirrors on the door, not on the window corner. I also don't like the triangle glass where the mirror usually would be on the window portion of the door. Ick!
    2011 WRX Limited - WR Blue Pearl

I Support ClubWRX
    I actually saw one today, the sedan in that weird blue. Probably like a test model or something, but I'm sure it was it - very distinct disappointing look.
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

guess they are trying to be Mazda now? Who is steering Subaru now days.. They seem to have lost their soul and their own way!
    2006 wrX

I passed a 5 door with MFR plates on I270 today. Besides the light blue color, it really didn't look as bad as I'd thought having seen it in person. For a base level economy car for the masses (or a small portion of, anyway), I really didn't expect to be all that thrilled by it. but if I wanted a dependable AWD car (with decent MPG!) for a reasonable price, I'd go for it.

Much too blah. The hood is too short and sloped. It makes it look like a Suzuki or some cheap Euro car.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Oh I thought it was a picture of the new ford focus. Which I actually like better than this..... :-(
    - Jacob

2002 WRX PSM Wagon
    Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs
    Borla XR-1 Catback Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Live2drive15 View Post
    Oh I thought it was a picture of the new ford focus. Which I actually like better than this..... :-(
    I couldn't agree more. WHAT IS SUBARU THINKING? Their target audience shouldn't be 50+... I drive a Subaru to have fun, look good, and take advantage of it's all-terrain domination. Why would anyone want to drive a Subaru that looks like it's from the Oldsmobile line?

I Support ClubWRX
    Like I said in the other thread, base Impreza's have always been blah. Nothing new here.

--Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX

Last edited by rage-wrx; 10-03-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

yeah, it looks like a cross between ford/mazda or something. really bland.

Its just disappointing
    2011 Wrx DGM TP Stage 3
    Stink-eye mob #3737

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah i dont like the look of the new hatchback i definatly like my 2011 better