Subaru Tribeca headed for the exit ramp?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru Tribeca headed for the exit ramp? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The Tribeca has been unpopular seemingly since the day it was introduced as the B9 Tribeca, and recent sales figures ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post Subaru Tribeca headed for the exit ramp?

The Tribeca has been unpopular seemingly since the day it was introduced as the B9 Tribeca, and recent sales figures show that the Subaru crossover has only found 910 new homes so far in 2011. Subaru attempted to increase interest in the CUV by giving it a new face, but buyers have been mostly unimpressed. And since other Subaru models are selling like hotcakes, the Tribeca is doing little more than taking up space at the automaker's Indiana assembly plant. The automaker has reportedly already stopped research and development on the next generation Tribeca, which definitely isn't a good sign.

Click: autoblog.com/2011/05/10/mazda6-subaru-tribeca-headed-for-the-exit-ramp/

just in case someone cares ! like brfatal
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The market has spoken..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

The TriBeCa is definitely my least favorite CVU.

Subaru did well to put it out of it's misery.

I Support ClubWRX
    We looked at it but decided the Pilot was more likely to suit our use while staying in one piece. The money was about the same and it's difficult to say "no" to a Honda if that's the case. At the time there was also Toyota and Hyundai from which to chose, and the Subaru didn't have anything to make it rise above the rest.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds logical to kill it.Never was a fan.My neighbour has one of the few Tribecas I have seen around here.I'll break the news to him.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    When the Fozzy was still a "car".... the Tribeca was a logical solution to the Subaru enthusiast that needed an SUV..... thats why we bought one. Still a great car.... never has been very "attractive" though.

Now that the Fozzies are significantly larger, turbocharged (available), better gas mileage, and generally better looking.... doesn't surprise me that the Tribeca is going the way of the dodo.

The Tribeca was always very "vanilla"..... and boring..... Although its a well engineered vehicle, it's not "special". It's demise doesn't surprise me.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

I Support ClubWRX
    No great loss. The original was fugly.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Meh... no big shock... Does anyone know what the B9 means?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Does anyone know what the B9 means?
    A Bingo callout?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    You sank my Battleship!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Meh... no big shock... Does anyone know what the B9 means?
    No. Tribeca is the part of the lower side of Manhattan around Canal and Broadway though -- one of the last places on the planet I'd like to deal with an SUV. Go figure.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    <|3

Original one was ugly, but they got nicer.

Yeah I wouldn't want to drive in New York city either...lol It would be faster to get out and walk...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

no big loss. who cares? now, if subaru said WE ARE GONNA STOP MAKING THE IMPREZA, that would be news.

I Support ClubWRX
    I loved my 06 tribeca. It was a great car, comfortable to drive, quick for what it was, awesome interior.. Ill miss them. The 06 wasnt great to look at but they sure were original.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast