Subaru Tribeca headed for the exit ramp? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru Tribeca headed for the exit ramp? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the idea of it was great. looks? like all the subarus. love or hate. Execution- pretty much terrible. They are ...

the idea of it was great. looks? like all the subarus. love or hate. Execution- pretty much terrible. They are great riding cars. nice radios nice seat feel. tons of space. just wasnt marketed like a brand new idea should be.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    One thing I do remember about the Tribeca is that as far as I could work out it was the world's only 7-passenger SUV that would seat 5 passengers. It seemed much smaller on the inside than it could have been.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

we have an 08 tribeca. it's an awesome vehicle. i have 2 little kids that fit great with my wife and my parents under one car roof when going out to dinner.

the style is nice, the leather seats, interior, interior lighting, confort, and fit and finish is the best subaru has built (i just traded my 05 legacy gt for 11 wrx limited, just sold our 06 forester too).

the tribeca handles well too and feels like a bigger subbie. what shame that this vehicle isn't selling well.

mpg and the last row is cramped (but great for kids) are my only gripes.

I Support ClubWRX
    To be fair our last row is cramped in the Honda also. However, over the weekend at a steady 75 MPH indicated (the speedo is optimistic) and over a 5 hr drive with two adults, three large dogs in three separate crates and weekend luggage, we got 26 mpg on regular fuel. I was impressed.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I heard about 2 years ago from a subaru sales rep there was talk of making a turbo diesel tribeca... now that would have been a gamechanger. Too bad

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrRexgoliath View Post
    I heard about 2 years ago from a subaru sales rep there was talk of making a turbo diesel tribeca... now that would have been a gamechanger. Too bad
    Yes that would have changed things definitely. Low end torque and great fuel economy could have saved the Tribeca and maybe even set new standards, and maybe other makers would have followed.

If you've ever rode in a Suzuki XL7, the 3rd row is completely useless... I used to have an 08Mercury Mountaineer premium V8 and the layout of that suv was great, not too big but could fix an XL couch in the back with the seats folded down... I drove it down to vegas with the AC blasting in hot may temps from SLC on one tank of gas getting 26mpg with a 4.6L AWD suv... not too bad IMHO
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    I drove it down to vegas with the AC blasting in hot may temps from SLC on one tank of gas getting 26mpg with a 4.6L AWD suv... not too bad IMHO
    Not too bad?! For a 4.6L V8 and a large body SUV that is absolutely superb! You made a great choice IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Not too bad?! For a 4.6L V8 and a large body SUV that is absolutely superb! You made a great choice IMO.
    Yeah, I miss it too... I was a great vehicle, but I wanted my Subaru really bad for over 8 years so I decided to sell it... It had 53K on it when I sold it and still ran and felt solid, plus was loaded to the gills with Microsoft sync, GPS, leather, heated seats, and power everything... the epa mpg was only 13 city and 19 hwy, but never got less then 20mpg, not to shabby and it totally changed my opinion about Fords build quality...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

I Support ClubWRX
    Ford have come a long way with their SUVs and I do think their build quality is very good now. They are probably the best US maker at this point and one of the best globally.

The Tribeca would have been better with:
    - A less sleek body. Squares allow more interior space.
    - A proper third row.
    - A V6. Yes a V6. Subaru have sold non-boxers in the past, and the whole idea of "Subaru = boxer" is simply nonsense; they always offered inline motors all these years and they should have offered a V6. They could have accessed it via GM then and Toyota now -- they accessed an entire van via GM, after all. It would have maybe spoiled their marketing but then again having an SUV flop didn't help their marketing tremendously either I'd imagine. A quad cam selective cylinder fire V6 mated to a 5 spd auto and pushing a square body with actual interior space works for Honda and Toyota, but what do they know?... They only make the best cars and motors in the world. Subaru have their precious H6 and sleek Alfa Japanero lines to sell... to very few people... sigh...
    Last edited by SD_GR; 05-23-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Yeah they really should build a V6 powered SUV, the boxer engines provide lower center of gravity and better handeling which aren't primary concerns of SUV buyers and never have been... You have a point about the low roof line of the Tribeca, it takes away one of the most important advantages of the cargo capacity... I hope that Toyota will mentor Subaru more on reliability and listening more to the mainstream buyers, not to say that Subaru's do their own thing attitude isn't a good thing, but will help expand their line up a bit more for the future as in bringing over the Boxer diesel hint hint Subaru if your listening...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

O.o

I see Tribecas all over the place here in the woods of Connecticut. Often amazes me, and always find it cool to see them. I would gladly own one if I had a family to use one. Then again, while I had a temp family, the WRX did just fine!^^;

I thought they were already out of production, but I guess I was wrong. Sorry to see them dropping it. Probably a far safer mini van vehicle than the competition.
    PS3/360 ID: Zapix

MIA Western Mass Impreza Club / MIA Connecticut Impreza Club

My 2002 WRB WRX

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet

I was at the Subaru dealership the other week while mine was being serviced, and I was talking to the sales manager. And while the Tribeca may be dead, from what he said I got the impression that Subaru might be getting it's own version of the Toyota Highlander.

I Support ClubWRX
    The Highlander now seems improved and it does have a V6. Could be a good move.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast