160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it

19 11.88%
  • Hate it

70 43.75%
  • Meh

71 44.38%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 Subaru Impreza - A Closer Look within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Originally Posted by dbya rx just because they are collaborating with toyota on one car doesnt ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    just because they are collaborating with toyota on one car doesnt mean they have to make all their cars look alike...
    +1

The WRX and STI models better look like sex or the tuner crowd is going to puke themselves...
    Bugeye Mafia #155

Friends don't let friends drive stock.
    Racing a neon is like fighting a girl: you can't brag about it if you win, and you don't want anyone to know if you lose.
    facebook

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not gonna lie...all Ford has to do is turbo and AWD the Fiesta and it will give Subaru chills up their spine.
    Bugeye Mafia #155

Racing a neon is like fighting a girl: you can't brag about it if you win, and you don't want anyone to know if you lose.
    facebook

I am not sure what to think. Like some posters have said, I need to see it as a WRX or STI to make my mind up. I remember when the 2006 came out and people hated the headlights, I remember 2008 and the cry was that Subaru had sold its soul. I think that it will just take time for people to get used to this body style.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

I cant imagine the STI and WRX looking that much different than whats on the road now. I mean they just released that body style within the past two years. Plus, the STI hatch was created in order for subaru to stay competitive in WRC. I doubt the hatch is going away, nevermind getting a radical facelift.
    Bugeye Mafia #155

facebook

So glad I bought the 2011. That thing is hideous, the Aztec/Caliber comparisons are right on.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsWRCinmyWRX View Post
    Not gonna lie...all Ford has to do is turbo and AWD the Fiesta and it will give Subaru chills up their spine.
    Its been done. Why do you think ford was regularly kicking subaru's ass in wrc? .. the only place subarus are constantly top fishers is here in the states. Round the rest of the world they have some seriously stiff competition from the other makes.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Its been done. Why do you think ford was regularly kicking subaru's ass in wrc? .. the only place subarus are constantly top fishers is here in the states. Round the rest of the world they have some seriously stiff competition from the other makes.
    Oh no no, I wasnt referring to WRC. I was saying as a street car...Fiesta's are only FF. But if they were Turbo AWD, along with Ford's increasing quality...tuners might switch over. Probably the SRT-4 crowd.
    Bugeye Mafia #155

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    This^
    there are very few Subaru drivers in the WRC anymore... Mainly Citrogen and Fords anymore and Ford has been doing great... If only we could've had the FQ Evo's here...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

We can get the focus RS .. but its got volvo c30 badging all over it and its a bit on the ugly side. I agree though I agree, the focus crowd would definitely convert quick.. I'm sure there would be others too.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Banned
    The BEst and Most loved look of all the Subaru's is the 4 door 01 Impreza, everything sorta went down hill from that especially the toyota camry look alike wrx 08-10.

Banned
    I swear if the WRX's look like this im gonna shoot subaru. i love there cars but what the hell is this.. looks like subaru is all for family sedans now and no more childhood racers dream!

Quote Originally Posted by gasstationboiII View Post
    The BEst and Most loved look of all the Subaru's is the 4 door 01 Impreza, everything sorta went down hill from that especially the toyota camry look alike wrx 08-10.
    Agreed. GC8 was amazing. Turn those headlights into HID projectors...game on. Although I must admit Im a big fan of the 4door STI SEDAN.
    Bugeye Mafia #155

facebook

Banned
    personally for me the 05-07 wrx's i just love the look of them.

Thumbs down

The ford wrc car has a honda s2000 rear end to make it awd

hated it

as subaru gets further and further away from its rally roots, its becoming just a car. nothing special. if this has anything to do with toyota...i can see why this is occuring to subaru. i mean, totyotas are boring ass cars. friggin grandma cars
    Last edited by Daddy_Digital; 04-25-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast