ClubWRX.net Site Upgrade - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

This is a discussion on ClubWRX.net Site Upgrade within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Justin@ClubWRX I help Tim locally with maintaining and building the forum since this is nobody's full-time job, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin@ClubWRX View Post
    I help Tim locally with maintaining and building the forum since this is nobody's full-time job, yet it does take a lot nonetheless. I don't really have 12k posts
    Out of curiosity, whatever happened to Roman? He used to be helpful at the database and server side of things. Of course, that's been a while, so you may not know him.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Search still thinks I haven't posted since 2004 and only have about 120 in total, and any list of pages still shows 1 of 5, then 2 of 6, 3 of 7, 4 of 8, etc. You never know how many pages you have.

The splash page is now completely gone?

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

I Support ClubWRX
    I think I've fixed the page number listing problem but I still may try to tweak it a bit. How are you searching for your own posts? When I go to your profile and click view forum posts, I see all your recent ones back until sometime in 2006. The search is programmed to only retreive 300 max results so I'm guessing you posted 300 times from 2006 to now.
    Justin
    ClubWRX.net Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh and I have no idea who Roman is.
    Justin
    ClubWRX.net Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin@ClubWRX View Post
    How are you searching for your own posts?
    Advanced search --> username: smorris

And although I am subscribed to this thread, I have never received an email notification.

Not a fault of you guys. As noted before, I just hate vB4, and have since I was testing their beta site. I suggested to Tim not to, but the pros apparently win over the cons.

The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll look into the search problem and also the subscribed threads tonight. I should have the splash page up tonight or tomorrow night as well. It was returning a bunch of errors so Tim took it down until we had time to look at it more thoroughly.

Is it just this thread that you don't receive notifications for or have you not received any since the upgrade?
    Justin
    ClubWRX.net Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    I think I've figured out the problem with the search results. Use the single content search tab instead of the multiple content one. This, as far as I can tell, works fine. The multiple content search tab returns results as only threads started by user, which came up with 2004 threads on top when I searched 'smorris'. The multiple content types search seems useless anyways while broken, so I may decide to remove it all together or at least set the default search type as the single content when the advanced search is clicked.
    Justin
    ClubWRX.net Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    Notifications now working, as I mentioned in the PM. Thanks for chasing this problem

Steve

The Morris Garage

please please please add a Vendors section to the home page. Thank you
    Erich Uhlman
    Performance Race Engineering - www.PREracing.com
    13339 NE Airport Way. Portland, OR 97230
    503-619-0055
    google map
    Follow Us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

I Support ClubWRX
    It's in the making right now.
    Justin
    ClubWRX.net Admin

Twin Scroll = Expensive dynomight's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Beautiful makeover indeed.
    I dont understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do? -Jeremy Clarkson- Top Gear

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.