Recall, stop-sale issued on 2010-11 Subaru Outback/Legacy models gearbox flaw
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Recall, stop-sale issued on 2010-11 Subaru Outback/Legacy models gearbox flaw within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Report: Recall, stop-sale issued on 2010-11 Subaru Outback and Legacy models over gearbox flaw Once again, Subaru's mainstay models, the ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post Recall, stop-sale issued on 2010-11 Subaru Outback/Legacy models gearbox flaw

Report: Recall, stop-sale issued on 2010-11 Subaru Outback and Legacy models over gearbox flaw

Once again, Subaru's mainstay models, the Outback and Legacy, appear to be girding for a recall. Both models have already faced callbacks for leaky CVT hoses and wiring issues, but according to Inside Line, a new issue affecting a number of manual transmission-equipped 2010 and 2011 models will not only precipitate another recall, but also a stop-sale on all potentially-affected vehicles.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the oil lubrication hole in the six-speed manual transmission has not been drilled on the affected vehicles, which can cause gears to break. NHTSA issued a statement, saying:

"If the transmission gears are not properly lubricated, a groaning sound may begin to develop, alerting the driver to a problem. If this sound is ignored and no action is taken, the gears will eventually break and this condition will lead to vehicle power loss, possibly resulting in a crash."

Vehicles will be repaired, free of charge, at any Subaru dealer in America. Most will simply have an oil lubrication hole drilled, though the automaker has informed its dealer network that vehicles with 6,250 miles or more will require the replacement of the third through sixth gearsets, as well as the main shaft.

A total of 809 Outback and Legacy models are affected by this recall, which is expected to officially go into effect on August 6. In the meantime, owners are urged to contact their local dealers as soon as possible to have this problem corrected.

Click: autoblog.com/2010/07/24/report-subaru-issues-recall-stop-sale-on-2010-11

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's crazy. If SOA and US dealers have taught us anything, it's that all engine, clutch, and tranny failures are caused by abuse and DP's. Lol.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I would definitely continue driving it until I was over 6,250 miles.

A total of 809 Outback and Legacy models are affected by this recall, which is expected to officially go into effect on August 6. In the meantime, owners are urged to contact their local dealers as soon as possible to have this problem corrected.

So only 809 cars... or what? Sorry, but I'm a n00b.

I Support ClubWRX
    I want to get a new legacy...

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.