Subaru & honda top latest Consumer Reports

This is a discussion on Subaru & honda top latest Consumer Reports within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The time has come once again for Consumer Reports' annual Auto Issue, which means the respected magazine will hand out ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool Subaru & honda top latest Consumer Reports

The time has come once again for Consumer Reports' annual Auto Issue, which means the respected magazine will hand out an updated list of the vehicles and brands that it recommends. Included amongst the pages are CR's so-called Automaker Report Cards, and the tippy-top and way bottom couldn't have been easier to see coming.

Much like last year (and the year before, and the year before...), Honda gets the nod as the head of CR's list, joined in this instance by fellow Japanese automaker Subaru. The leading duo each earned a score of 77 out of 100, putting them three points ahead of cross-town rival Toyota, who's score of 74 was no doubt affected when CR yanked its Recommendation off eight of its products following their recent recall and safety woes.

-------------------------------------
    Press Release:

YONKERS, N.Y., Feb. 23 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Honda and Subaru have earned class leader status for building the best all-around vehicles for American drivers, according to the Automaker Report Cards published in Consumer Reports' 2010 Annual Auto Issue. This is the fourth consecutive year that Honda has topped CR's list. At the opposite end of the annual ranking is Chrysler, which fared even worse than last year. However, Chrysler had one recommended vehicle this year, the Ram pickup, compared to no recommended vehicles last year.

Tied with an overall score of 77 out of 100 points, Honda and Subaru were followed by Toyota (74) (Recommendations for eight recalled Toyota models were temporarily suspended), Hyundai (73) and Nissan and Volkswagen tied at (72) in overall score.

Although the best vehicles overall are being built by Honda and Subaru, South Korean carmaker Hyundai, and its subsidiary, Kia, has shown the most dramatic improvement, jumping to fourth place from ninth last year.

The full report, "Rating the carmakers" is in the Annual Auto Issue, which goes on sale March 2.

Read Articles: autoblog.com/2010/02/24/honda-and-subaru-top-latest-consumer-reports

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Subie uber alles.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Go Subie!
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

I Support ClubWRX
    Good stuff! That's why most Subaru owners remain a Subaru Owner
    Tim
    Admin

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX View Post
    Good stuff! That's why most Subaru owners remain a Subaru Owner
    agreed

Hewll yeah!

This is the kind of thing tha makes me sooo happy I'm joining the club. Now if the 8 weeks or so I have left to wait for it would HURRY UP!!!!

Way to excited already!

I Support ClubWRX
    I own a Honda and a Subaru. They are both very competent cars and I've been pleased with both.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

My first car was a 98 Prelude loved that car, but as soon as i got a taste of boost im never going back to NA hahaha. Im selling it now so i can make my bugeye sexier and faster ..