Subaru Sales 9/1/2009
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru Sales 9/1/2009 within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As I am sure all of you know Subarus rule. The sales numbers they have been posting over the last ...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Subaru Sales 9/1/2009

As I am sure all of you know Subarus rule. The sales numbers they have been posting over the last year have been nothing short of amazing, especially for the people who dont yet understand the LOVE, for the rest of us it is like "its about time they figured it out". Subaru is the best kept secret in the industry, but the word is out.

So anyways here is some of the most recent numbers. Almost everything set an all time record for a month.

28,683 in Aug of '09 versus 18,932 for Aug '08,a 52% increase. It was also 31% better than July which was also a record month.

Forester up 76% over Aug '08
    Outback up 53%
    Legacy up 49%
    Impreza up 30%

Sales are UP a total of 11% year to date. 148,828 compared to 129,297. And remember last year Subaru was one of two companies that were up over 2007.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    I remember before I really looked into buying my wrx, I didn't understand the appeal of subbies. But it didn't take long before I was like "woa, that's a hell of a car, and a pretty nice price". I guess other people are now catching on (especially with the bang per buck ratio).
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Wait until 2011! Coupes will return to play with the M3's... and hopefully shut BMW up!

Registered User Thecabindweller's Avatar
    im pushing my mom to get a legacy instead of the carolla she keeps bringing up, had her test drive a couple subarus and she's planning on getting either a forester or a legacy now...lets hope its the legacy
    2003 WRX

yeah my mate loves his 205 gti but then took him for a wee drive in my car and now he keeps saying man my next car is a wrx

Quote Originally Posted by kingersman View Post
    yeah my mate loves his 205 gti but then took him for a wee drive in my car and now he keeps saying man my next car is a wrx
    ugh, i got a buddy whos obsessed with gti's. hes about to buy a vr6...i cant stand FWD

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    Forester up 76% over Aug '08
    Outback up 53%
    Legacy up 49%
    Impreza up 30%
    Surprised Impreza sales aren't up more. Maybe it's purely a regional thing but I see a metric F*-ton of new Imp's every day.

*F-Bomb
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    Legacy up 49%
    I got cut off on the highway this morning by some broad driving a brand new Legacy with temp tags. I'm all for higher Subaru sales but hate to see jackasses behind to wheels of them, well behind the wheel of anything really. I was driving my WRX mind you and she didn't even acknowledge me, other than cutting me off that is. More people may be buying Subaru's but it seems less and less are aware of the fellow Subaru driver... waving, honking, and thumbs up are becoming more rare in my area with Subaru drivers.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    ^^ That is frustrating.... with all the snow we get here in Utah, a LOT orf people buy Subies for the AWD, so it's tough to tell the difference between "enthusiasts" and "drivers".

With that said... it's still a good thing. I think by in-large, the American population has become more aware of the obvious downfalls of USDM vehicles, particularly after all the financial problems we see every day in the news. Crappy gas mileage, old technology, horrible reliability, piss-poor resale value, etc.

Americans are turning toward JDM vehicles even more now than ever. Even Korean vehicles are doing better. Hell, a Hyundai won the car of the year award this year!

So... pretend you AREN'T an enthusiast, but just a smart shopper....

German cars are great... but much $$$ (VW, BMW, Porsche, Audi, etc), with no real "draw" other than a prestige statement.

Korean cars are MUCH better than they were, with awesome warrantees, and they are CHEAP... I can understand the draw for someone on a low budget (Hyundai, Kia, etc)

So that leaves "middle of the line priced" JDM cars. Toyotas, Mitsubishis, Mazdas, Hondas, and Subarus.

You need AWD for the snow / handling / traction
    You want something powerful, yet good on gas
    You want a good bargain for your $$
    You want something with a reputation for lasting a long time
    You want good resale value if you ever trade-in.

Duhhh... it's a no-brainer. Thats why Subaru makes the best overall cars on the planet

Truth be told... when I think about it, I cannot fathom why ANYONE would buy anything BUT a Subaru, unless you need a Gigantic truck/SUV, or you need some kind of "specialty" vehicle, and have the $$$ to fork obver for it.

Otherwise... Name any "normal" car on the planet, and I can tell you why it is better to buy a Subaru that shares many of the same characteristics.

Except a Roadster.... Subaru REALLY needs to build a roadster to compete with the S2000s and Miatas
    Last edited by ninefourteener; 09-18-2009 at 10:54 AM.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACK777 View Post
    More people may be buying Subaru's but it seems less and less are aware of the fellow Subaru driver... waving, honking, and thumbs up are becoming more rare in my area with Subaru drivers.
    I'm sorry, I love my WRX as much as the next enthusiast, but in the end, it's really just another car in the way during rush hour. I can't remember ever wanting to wave or acknowledge another Subaru on the road just because they purchased the same product as me.

That's like beeping and waving at every guy I pass who's mowing his lawn with the same lawnmower I bought.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I'm sorry, I love my WRX as much as the next enthusiast, but in the end, it's really just another car in the way during rush hour. I can't remember ever wanting to wave or acknowledge another Subaru on the road just because they purchased the same product as me.
    Wow, I guess I am a lot more "touchy feely". After 7 years I still wave at other WRX/STI owners, and a surprising number smile and wave back.

Many motorcyclists wave at each other. Do you not return the wave when you pass?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Wow, I guess I am a lot more "touchy feely". After 7 years I still wave at other WRX/STI owners, and a surprising number smile and wave back.

Many motorcyclists wave at each other. Do you not return the wave when you pass?
    I'll wave back to avoid being rude if they throw it out , but I never initiate it. I can understand it with motorcycles though because motorcycling is primarily and enthusiast hobby. Driving a car in the US is primarily a form of getting from point A to point B. Do you wave at all of the other Ranger owners? If you are riding on a bus or train, do you wave at the other buses and trains? If not, why not?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post

That's like beeping and waving at every guy I pass who's mowing his lawn with the same lawnmower I bought.
    Maybe if you actually drove the WRX.....
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Maybe if you actually drove the WRX.....
    I did look at it a few weeks ago

I Support ClubWRX
    WRX owners seem to be the sort about which a fraternal feeling develops, similar to old-skool Jeep owners.

It is what it is.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast