SOA Quartely Sales Report
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SOA Quartely Sales Report within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru of America, Inc. Announces Quarterly Sales Increase and Best Ever Monthly Sales for Forester Apr 1 , 2009 [USA] ...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

SOA Quartely Sales Report

Subaru of America, Inc. Announces Quarterly Sales Increase and Best Ever Monthly Sales for Forester
    Apr 1 , 2009 [USA]
    Cherry Hill, NJ, April 1, 2009 -- Subaru announced that year-to-date sales were up 2-percent with 41,532 units sold in 2009 versus 40,881 units sold in 2008. For the month of March there was a 3-percent sales decrease over last year’s March results.

The 2009 Subaru Forester continues its record-breaking streak with its best monthly sales ever. Sales for the Forester increased 47-percent over last year's March Forester sales - a total of 6,802 units sold in March 2009, versus 4,615 units sold in March 2008.

"In March, Forester set an all-time sales record, capping a month where it received the top rating for Roof Strength from IIHS and won the best new small Crossover from Kiplinger Personal Finance." said Tim Colbeck, senior vice president of sales, Subaru of America, Inc. "The Forester has been a major driver of our success this year, leading the brand to a 2-percent year-to-date sales increase over 2008. As our market share grows to record levels this reinforces that the safety, durability and value of Subaru products continue to resonate with consumers."
    Mar-09 Mar-08 % ch March-09 YTD March-08YTD % chg
    Legacy 1,554 2,205 -30% 4,0 5,125 -21%
    Outback* 3,609 4,378 -18% 8,513 11,599 -27%
    Impreza 3,725 4,446 -16% 9,602 11,179 -14%
    Forester 6,802 4,615 47% 17,942 9,988 80%
    Tribeca 559 1,041 -46% 1,415 2,989 -53%
    Total**16,249 16,685 -3% 41,532 40,880 2%

*Includes Legacy Wagon
    **2008 total does not include 1 Baja Sales in 2008
    Last edited by josnroh; 04-15-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, what a nice article. Subaru power!
    Bugeye Mafia #220.
    "If you ain't first, you're last."

they can thank me for the 3 i bought within the last 8 months
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Peachypumpkincheeks

It must be because of that new Forester "Pinewood Derby" commercial! Which coincidentally, South Park just did an episode revolving the pinewood derby. Lulz.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

busy server...

Hi Tim,
    Unless you've been running "top" and you know your machine is maxed out (which is usually CPU ) you should assume you have a software issue, especially with the behavior that I see, which is for some time your server works fine and then it degrades to a point where the server can't respond. (server too busy). This is most likely a memory growth issue that destroys your Apache or App Server modules and eventually makes the web server unresponsive. Oh so often, software leaves memory around that it doesn't clean up and that just means slow death. Even the famed Java does this. At that was supposed to avoid this problem

Only if you can prove through netstat and top that you are hardware coinstrained (CPU is max'ing out) by "heavy user activity" should you assume you have a hardware constraint, most of the time the software is to blame.

I assume you are not running on some Pentium III or older CPU or something terribly old (*older than 5 year old hardware).

So you need to determine what module is eating your memory and eventually destroying your Apache's ability to serve requests.

Here's a good link on debugging overall... Debugging Apache web server problems (and it goes deep very quickly).

Here's something on using "utilization tools" to see what's really ailing your server...How do I Find Out Linux CPU Utilization?. So you can determine you have a memory issue.

Have you looked at the server error logs, that's a good first step. Often an error is written there that exposes a module that you can turn off or even find the bug in it.

If you have more questions; let me know on private mail, you can send me some output from the server, I can help you with it.

Good luck finding the bug,

Frank

I see no relevance to the OP here.

Back on topic, I recall not too long ago (month or so), Subaru and Hyundai where the only Auto Manufacturers to have posted profits.
    Last edited by dcpatters; 05-24-2009 at 02:56 AM.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm thinking that someone got their threads confused.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I just like seeing our wagons together.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.