BEHOLD Armin, the bringer of bad news...Deadbolt Turbo is no more - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on BEHOLD Armin, the bringer of bad news...Deadbolt Turbo is no more within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Any more news???...

I Support ClubWRX
    Any more news???
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Any more news???
    Another victim: Legendary camshaft company Crane Cams appears to have gone out of business this week.

The Daytona Beach News-Journal, is reporting the 56-year-old Daytona Beach, Fla., company has been shuttered and its workers laid off.

Crane's parts have become synonymous with performance and have been used by A.J. Foyt, the Wood Brothers, Bill Elliott, Richard Petty and many other well-known drivers.

The company first made a splash at the 1961 NHRA nationals, when a dragster using Crane roller cams was piloted by "Sneaky" Pete Robinson to the Top Eliminator award, breaking records and upsetting more established competitors in the process.

The visibility by Robinson's success and that of other racers using Crane parts helped the company grow in the 1960s as the Detroit automakers and racing thrived.

Crane Cams was founded in 1953 and had grown into a multi-million manufacturing operation, according to its Web site.

In late 2006, it was acquired by Mikronite Technologies Group Inc. of Eatontown, N.J.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Update on Crane Cams: Well-known cam shafts company Crane Cams shut down Feb. 24 for restructuring but says it plans to reopen, likely sometime in March.

All of the company’s 280 workers were laid off, though about 25 remain to work on military contracts. The closure was in response to the global economic problems, said vice president Steve Leva. He said the Daytona Beach, Fla., company planned to reopen in as soon as a week, or it may take up to 30 days.

Crane’s parts have become synonymous with performance and have been used by A. J. Foyt, the Wood Brothers, Bill Elliott, Richard Petty and many other well-known drivers.

The 56-year-old company first made a splash at the 1961 NHRA nationals, when a dragster using Crane roller cams was piloted by “Sneaky” Pete Robinson to the Top Eliminator award, breaking records and upsetting more-established competitors in the process.

Robinson’s success helped the company gain recognition throughout the 1960s as racing grew and the Detroit automakers thrived.

In late 2006, Crane was acquired by Mikronite Technologies Group Inc., and Leva said $18 million has been invested in equipment since the acquisition.

Earlier this week, the Daytona Beach News-Journal reported that Crane was closing, though more details were not available at that time.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX

crane cams

I think this one has as much todo with its industry shrinking. Between smog laws, gas crunch, and the vast improvements in engine design in the last 15 years, most people aren't willing to rip their engine apart, or OEM MFGs have made it cost prohibitive. With most valvetrains being designed pretty well from the factory, shy of the old skool hot rod scene or top fuel, their just isn't much call for aftermarket cams anymore. Most hotrodders are even dropping in factory or wrecking yard Chevy LS1,2,3,6,7 or Ford 4.6L and just leaving them alone. Just not worth the $500 and 5hp gain.

:Shrug:
    Last edited by 06wrx4me; 03-04-2009 at 06:57 PM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

This P.O.S. Economy is pissing me off.
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

I Support ClubWRX
    Talked to my grandma's 96year old boyfriend who grew up in the depression about the economy. Erie similarities...

I really hope that the white house can finger out how to stop supporting big businesses that send jobs overseas, and start supporting the local proprietors.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    I really hope that the white house can finger out how to stop supporting big businesses that send jobs overseas, and start supporting the local proprietors.
    Careful now...getting into political waters.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Careful now...getting into political waters.
    I'm not judging policies, parties or people... Right now the economy is being mentioned in several threads, and unfortunately several times in this. It's not the big businesses that support our hobby. It's the mom and pop shops. The small time companies that provide great service and products, then lose their asses. All I was saying is that I hope that our new White House is able to figure out a way to provide positive support to the small businesses that make our community thrive.

I apologize if anyone was offended politically, but I think that 95% of us on this forum would agree with me.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    You've been here a while; I shouldn't have to tell you this:

It doesn't matter who's offended, or who agrees. The rules are the rules. I didn't edit or delete your post..but it's bait for someone else to come in swinging with comments about specific politicians and policies, hence my warning.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You've been here a while; I shouldn't have to tell you this:

It doesn't matter who's offended, or who agrees. The rules are the rules. I didn't edit or delete your post..but it's bait for someone else to come in swinging with comments about specific politicians and policies, hence my warning.
    We have swingers here??

I've been here for 3 years and haven't noticed??

Obviously I need to open my eyes like this little dude
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    We have swingers here??
    That was random.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    We have swingers here??

I've been here for 3 years and haven't noticed??

Obviously I need to open my eyes like this little dude

If you guys don't stop talking about my sexual preferences I'm going to get offended.

"From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    If you guys don't stop talking about my sexual preferences I'm going to get offended.

Speaking of that, did you ever bang little Miley the hot student with the cute pink panties?

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Speaking of that, did you ever bang little Miley the hot student with the cute pink panties?

Yup, but then my wife started talking and I woke up.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Yup, but then my wife started talking and I woke up.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.