No more Sport Compact Car - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on No more Sport Compact Car within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Verdugo You're telling me, I was shooting photos for them The really sad thing is that Subiesport's ...

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You're telling me, I was shooting photos for them

The really sad thing is that Subiesport's tried to change up their format, but because of the economy, took a really long time to get their mag out and thus all the subscribers were upset. So, instead of trying to be supportive of the mag, most of these peeps demanded a refund on their $20 subscription and just flamed Subiesport for taking so long and not delivering a good print magazine. While I firmly believe a subscriber should get what they pay for, it's almost like they wanted to have their cake and eat it too. It's kind of hard to demand a print magazine when the printing and shipping costs are so expensive these days, especially with advertisers pulling out.

It's not worth it to me to try to get my money back from subscriptions. But it's sad I haven't seen it back.

It died for me because last year I got 6 issues of quality hardcopy. This year I got one issue and some kind of uninteresting DVD with a pamphlet.

My requirements for a magazine, other than interesting content, is:

1) I have to be able to take it into the bathroom or be able to read it on a plane during takeoff or landing.

2) If I subscribe, it has to be delivered as planned and before it comes out to newstands.

I have no interest in multimedia magazines.

The magazines I go back to to read over and over again are all in print.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    It's not worth it to me to try to get my money back from subscriptions. But it's sad I haven't seen it back.

It died for me because last year I got 6 issues of quality hardcopy. This year I got one issue and some kind of uninteresting DVD with a pamphlet.

My requirements for a magazine, other than interesting content, is:

1) I have to be able to take it into the bathroom or be able to read it on a plane during takeoff or landing.

2) If I subscribe, it has to be delivered as planned and before it comes out to newstands.

I have no interest in multimedia magazines.

The magazines I go back to to read over and over again are all in print.
    Yep, that's why I love print mags too. It just sucks that the industry as a whole is moving to digital thanks to the high print and shipping costs. The lack of interest in the car enthusiast industry as a whole hasn't helped either.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234