Japan's Subarus get Stereoscopic Vision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Japan's Subarus get Stereoscopic Vision within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru has come up with a third system, which while not quite as advanced as KITT, is as close as ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post Japan's Subarus get Stereoscopic Vision

Subaru has come up with a third system, which while not quite as advanced as KITT, is as close as we've ever seen. For a premium of $3,000 a new JDM Legacy or Outback can be fitted with twin cameras, one on each side of the rear view mirror, that use human like stereoscopic vision to judge distances and generally keep tabs on the driver. Not only does "EyeSight", as the system is called, can help you keep your distance on the highway and in stop start traffic, but also incorporates a lane departure warning system, a wake up call should everyone pull away from the lights but you (put your iPhone down), and even keeps an eye out for pedestrians while you look for that illusive break in traffic at a T-junction.

Autoblog.com

on the jpn website page click on "eyesight"
    Subaru Japan
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If someone isn't proficient at all these tasks with their own eyes they should put down their keys and head to the bus stop.

Sounds like it would be an annoyance.
    ~Selah

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    If someone isn't proficient at all these tasks with their own eyes they should put down their keys and head to the bus stop.

Spoken like a true MAN.

Now try to look at it from a woman's point of view for a minute.
    While stopped at the light on your way to drop the kids off at school you are putting on a little eye shadow. All of the sudden the phone rings and now you have both hands full, eye shadow in one and the phone in the other.
    The light turns green.

How else would you know what to do next without some male voice reminding you that you are actually on a public road and need to push on the throttle?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Loud View Post
    Spoken like a true MAN.

While stopped at the light on your way to drop the kids off at school you are putting on a little eye shadow. All of the sudden the phone rings and now you have both hands full, eye shadow in one and the phone in the other.
    The light turns green.

How else would you know what to do next without some male voice reminding you that you are actually on a public road and need to push on the throttle?
    Exactly. Women need men to tell them what to do.

:waits for one of clubwrx's two confirmed females:

You're right though. The several near death experiences I've had just this week on the road might have been avoided if some drivers had a system like this.

Hello this is your vehicle's stereoscopic vision system speaking. DO NOT stop on the on-ramp you awful dumbass! Put down the cell phone and mcrib! That silver subaru almost ended up over the guard rail in the river! You're lucky he had his summer tires on or he'd be swimming. Goddamb, just choke or something. This has been a message from your vehicle's steroscopic vision system, have a nice day and try not to kill anyone.
    ~Selah

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Loud View Post
    The light turns green.
    and i've seen plenty of men that are talking on the phone, eating their burger king... texting... hell, even reading a newspaper while driving

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    and i've seen plenty of men that are talking on the phone, eating their burger king... texting... hell, even reading a newspaper while driving
    I have too but the joke only works right if you pick either a man or a woman and stick with it.

It wouldn't have came off the same if we had put the Geico Caveman behind the wheel.

Can't make the joke go racist cause that would be.......well.....racist.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    that overhead console would be perfect for a laser/radar detector or jammer.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

A Heads Up Display (HUD) would be more useful. That way I won't have look down when I'm street racing in a school zone (backwards)
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    I could use this. my commute is so dull and monotonous (not to mention, 2.5hrs ea.way) that sometimes, I totally miss like 30 minutes of the commute.. somewhere, somehow, I totally won't recall a good portion of the trip.. as if I drifted off into a sleep of sorts, then woke up wondering WTF happened.. LOL
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Clarksville TN, about 30 mins from Nashville.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    I could use this. my commute is so dull and monotonous (not to mention, 2.5hrs ea.way) that sometimes, I totally miss like 30 minutes of the commute.. somewhere, somehow, I totally won't recall a good portion of the trip.. as if I drifted off into a sleep of sorts, then woke up wondering WTF happened.. LOL
    I think if you are doing that, you should probably go get a cat scan, and put the keys down for a while. lol

I Support ClubWRX
    it's boring, and nothing changes, except the deer placement.

what's worse, is I used the word 'totally' TWICE...
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post

i agree...
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."

starbucks owns me...

What's really funny about these features is that anyone who has ever been to Japan knows that Japanese drivers could care less about things like following distance or hitting pedestrians/cyclists
    "I am Bullrock, and I have lots and lots of powers"

へおひってしりつぼめ "There is no use scruntching up your buttocks after a fart"

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by unclesteve-o View Post
    i agree...
    +1
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Thumbs down

sounds cool, but it's just one more thing that can go wrong with the vehicle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast