2.5T Engine of the Year 2008 ! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2.5T Engine of the Year 2008 ! within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by arasaka New body + New award winning engine = incredible - and well-earned - second place finish ...

Quote Originally Posted by arasaka View Post
    New body + New award winning engine = incredible - and well-earned - second place finish in the seventh and roughest round round of the WRC season.

(I like the new body style, I better I own one)
    + 1 yeah me to, it's taken time but I am liking it. You wait until Prodrive get to grips with it and then everyone will be raging about how fantastic the styling is etc.
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

niceeee

nice

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi View Post
    Along with a closed iron-block(at least for the forced induction engines/models).
    Aluminum might weigh less, but it pales in comparison to the power that an iron block can withstand.
    Dated bump, so I read through this again...

I honestly wouldn't want this at all. The weight distribution and drivetrain layout of this car already put the entire motor in the nose of the car. Thank god, or at least maybe some Japanese engineers, that the motor is aluminum and low in the nose, or this car would really handle like a pig.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Wow. Back from the past

Going back to what we where discussing, Subaru/Toyota is working on a DI H4 2.0L 220HP engine for the forthcoming coupe

too bad the ej257 eats cylinders... primarily #4. talked to a few guys with suby shops and engine builders. I'll keep my 2.0L. Much more R&D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 012.5RS View Post
    too bad the ej257 eats cylinders... primarily #4. talked to a few guys with suby shops and engine builders. I'll keep my 2.0L. Much more R&D.
    It's because you can get so much more power, a bigger turbo, and more heat... and the turbo is sitting right next to a cylinder. The extreme heat causes the engine to fail, and I'll guarantee those with engine failures did not have a turbo blanket, and a wrapped up and downpipe, and probably didn't have a heatshield either.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Wow. Back from the past

Going back to what we where discussing, Subaru/Toyota is working on a DI H4 2.0L 220HP engine for the forthcoming coupe
    coupe??
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    coupe??
    Toyota and Subaru are co-developing a RWD Coupe based on the current Impreza platform.

Toyota/Subaru FR sports car code-named 086A, will include direct injection
    Rumormill: Subaru to build new Toyota Celica

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Toyota and Subaru are co-developing a RWD Coupe based on the current Impreza platform.

Toyota/Subaru FR sports car code-named 086A, will include direct injection
    Rumormill: Subaru to build new Toyota Celica
    boo at the FR design
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    It's because you can get so much more power, a bigger turbo, and more heat... and the turbo is sitting right next to a cylinder. The extreme heat causes the engine to fail, and I'll guarantee those with engine failures did not have a turbo blanket, and a wrapped up and downpipe, and probably didn't have a heatshield either.
    the local ones ive seen 3 have been nothing more than a vf39 w/ heatshields and the other was a 20g with full wrap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.