Official 2009 Subaru Forester Specs and Pics
Closed Thread

This is a discussion on Official 2009 Subaru Forester Specs and Pics within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru has officially released photos and started to take pre-orders on the 2009 Subaru Foresters. One of the slogans on ...

I Support ClubWRX

Official 2009 Subaru Forester Specs and Pics

Subaru has officially released photos and started to take pre-orders on the 2009 Subaru Foresters. One of the slogans on the official website is "Where everyday meets adventure." The all new redesigned Forester X comes with with a boxer engine that has 170 Horsepower and 170 lb.-ft of torque. The suspension consists of 17" rims, raised 4 wheel independent suspension, and 4-wheel disk ABS brakes. A more powerful Forester 2.5XT is available with 224 horsepower for enthusiasts who wants more power and torque.

Here's the official website: http://www.subaru.com/sub/misc/2009/forester/index.html

Downloads:
    Brochure: http://content.subaru.com/sub/misc/2...f/brochure.pdf

Currently Subaru is offering five models:
    Forester 2.5X
    Forester 2.5X with Premium Package
    Forester 2.5X L.L. Bean Edition
    Forester 2.5 XT
    Forester 2.5 XT Limited

Please see the brochure for all the features and packages.

First Impression:

Subaru did it again. After years of seeing new releases of their cars, I'm starting to get used to the fact that Subaru's isn't going to release a "sexy" car that's going to make you drool the second that you see it. In terms of the design, people either really like it or hate it. But this time my feeling are neutral. I the design is very conservative, and it will appeal to a lot of people who are looking to buy a conservative car that and is basing their purchasing decision on "value".

The look of the new Forester reminds me of Toyota's car-based SUV, the Highlander. While the Forester says more "sport" and "utility" in the past, the car gives you a more homely feel. The website is very family oriented, which shows that Subaru is targeting a market segment much different from the WRX/STi enthusiasts. While several years down the line Subaru will introduce the STi version of the Forester, and that's when Subaru Enthusiasts will really start to get excited about the New Forester.

This is definitely a great car for those of us who have a passion for Subaru, but no longer feel the urge to terrorize the streets or the track. The car's interior has a very nice touch with an optional Navigation system. It's definitely a great car for who live an active lifestyle and those who have a family to take care of and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of them on the street.
    Last edited by BlazinWRX; 01-28-2008 at 02:07 PM.
    Tim
    Admin
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.