Those little green underlines!
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Those little green underlines! within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I just added those little green underlines, they're basically paid advertisers who look for keywords from our site. ...

I Support ClubWRX

Those little green underlines!

Hey guys,

I just added those little green underlines, they're basically paid advertisers who look for keywords from our site. If you see something that you might be interested feel free to click on them, ClubWRX will get credited by the traffic that it generates. Let me know what you guys think too. Currently I'm limiting the number of lines to only 2 of them per thread so it won't be too bothersome. Let me know what you guys think.

Tim
    Tim
    Admin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i-club does this same thing ,, I find it a little annoying sometimes but its not limited to two a thread over there,, so it souldnt be too bad
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX
    Hey guys,

I just added those little green underlines, they're basically paid advertisers who look for keywords from our site. If you see something that you might be interested feel free to click on them, ClubWRX will get credited by the traffic that it generates. Let me know what you guys think too. Currently I'm limiting the number of lines to only 2 of them per thread so it won't be too bothersome. Let me know what you guys think.

Tim
    I do not think too much of the green links.

Didn't NASIOC try those and abandon them?

I continue to offer my Silver level support - without using PayPal. I still cannot upload pics. I have started hosting my own pics through my ISP.

At this time, I am glad I did not pay to contribute to this wonderful site.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 12-16-2005 at 06:26 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

5. 12-16-2005, 07:11 PM

what the hell?? we cant even upload pictures anymore unless we pay? Are you seriously trying 2 ruin this site??

you wanna know what i think?? here click the link

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...n/untitled.jpg
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

intellitext eats ****. I really hate to see that we've adopted it. I do understand that you're trying hard to deal with funding to keep the site running, maintain growth, and likely better the hosting & support of the site. .. I just hate to see that you've gone to using it.

If I were a paying vendor I'd be upset that they now would have to be battling with other people for sales who are paying a fraction of the sponsorship fee by bidding on keywords.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry, not a fan.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    what the hell?? we cant even upload pictures anymore unless we pay? Are you seriously trying 2 ruin this site??

oooo..a little harsh..
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

yeah maybe he'll get the point
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

God, I was praying that we wouldn't get these
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I Support ClubWRX
    Can't we at least be offered the ability to turn this function off? I find it distracting. Plus, some spyware/virus software uses this same method, so as one who is very conscious of this, I would NEVER click on a hyperlink that I wasn't looking for in the first place.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    We can, I'm just giving it a try becuase the guys approached me. I'll check with Nick to see what's going on.

Now some of you need to stop complaining becuase I'm getting irritated with some of your comments. If you feel that I'm a sell out, just leave the site, I feel like I'm putting in so much effort for people who are simply complaining. If you're following the other threads you'll know that I'm planning to increase the upload space for all the members significantly, disregarding whether or not they're making a donation. Meanwhile I'm waiting for Roman to fix Photopost so I can determine how much space to allocate for uploads and how much space to allocate for photopost. It's not like I restricted access or lowered the space just to force people into paying for the site, the site is free from day 1 and it will remain that way.

For the record, if you don't like the site you can go ahead and leave. I'm not easily offended but I feel that some people just don't appreciate what is given to them. I have 4 weeks of break and I've spent a majority of my time working on ClubWRX, finding out what people like or don't like, and trying to make the site better.
    Tim
    Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx

Do a little more research on the site before you start making these statements, if you dont' like the site you're welcome to leave.
    Tim
    Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    Anyways, we're just trying it out right now to see what happens.
    Tim
    Admin

i run a (smaller) forum and know exactly what tim is saying. it takes a lot of work to provide something like this for absolutely free. i'd suggest that if you dont like something then definitely notify the appropriate person but make sure to say it in a construcrive way. feedback is great, but unappreciative is a totally different story, and happens all too often.
    for the record, me no likely the links and would at least like the option to turn them off.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    i run a (smaller) forum and know exactly what tim is saying. it takes a lot of work to provide something like this for absolutely free. i'd suggest that if you dont like something then definitely notify the appropriate person but make sure to say it in a construcrive way. feedback is great, but unappreciative is a totally different story, and happens all too often.
    for the record, me no likely the links and would at least like the option to turn them off.
    bryan

I do agree with you, anything that's somewhat high-availability is a pain in the ass to work on. People who don't work with anything like that don't realize that.

My post *****ing about the intellitext setup shouldn't be taken as a shot towards Tim at all. He's put many years into running this forum, many hours, and I'm sure more money than any of us would be willing to put towards running this forum. DO I like the links? Not at all, BUT if that's what it takes to continue to improve ClubWRX so be it. I don't know about the finances behind clubwrx, but I personally wouldn't be upset at all if Tim attempted to make small money off of something he's put the last four plus years of his life running. It wouldn't be selling out, it would be stupid of him not to do it. I know damn well if I put that much time into something , it's either going to be blowing me daily or paying me.

On Nastycock intellitext can be disabled, I've got it filtered so I can't see it to see if the same can be done here. I think if you wait for the window to pop up there is a link you can follow at the bottom to disable it. At least with it that way the people who post frequently to have the ability to disable it.

Also, I opened up clubwrx in an attempt to see the intellitext on another computer that wasn't logged in and I couldn't see people's avatars that were subscribers.

The only upgrade I really want to see is locking or deleting of stupid assed BOV posts the same stupid questions thousands of times get old.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast