Those little green underlines! - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Those little green underlines! within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Speedette Indeed, but the ads can be set up differently, and the banners only show up on ...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Indeed, but the ads can be set up differently, and the banners only show up on the main forum pages, not in the threads themselves. Also, we have a much better color scheme (and no sig pics) so it's much more pleasant here.

I actually work in internet advertising at USA Today and it's amazing how banner ads can power a site. If you'd like more detailed info I'd be happy to supply you with it Tim (i.e. competitive rates, other kits to get you started.)
    Heather, great idea!

I have always wondered how you are able to post so much, but with your job description I can see how now.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 for POSITIVE ideas..I myself don't much care for the links, but at the same time Tim sounds like he wants to keep them under control, and if it helps him out, then I'm cool with it..
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Once again, there is a difference between expressing one's opinion and being insulting. Some can't seem to do one without the other. But, as far as I'm concerned, whatever it takes to keep this site up is OK with me. I am a family man and I can't afford to send money to every forum I visit. I have learned a lot from this forum and, for the most part, the people on here are knowledgeable and helpful. For WRX info I come here and to the Cobb board. NASIOC members seem to be a bit full of themselves or childish, and I don't want to see this board go that direction.

As for technical info, it's a bit like the TDPRI, there's only so much one can discuss about any certain item, so if you don't think the technical discussions here are worthy of your intellect, maybe it's time to move on. Maybe you've learned all there is to know about Subaru Imprezas? Maybe you should start your own forum?

More power to you.
    "I drove like my mother in the first stage" Gigi Galli, WRC driver, Mitsubishi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks guys. I will continue to work with everyone to see waht's best for ClubWRX and its members, meanwhile I'm sure the guys at intellitxt are doing everything they can to keep the site members happy. We've only tried this out for a couple of days and it hasn't been long enoughf or me to finalize my decision. Howver, I will make sure the values of the site will not compromise simply for additional advertisement. Thanks guys
    Tim
    Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    BTW thank you guys for choosing ClubWRX as your regular hangout. If all the forums are the same then it would be pointless for most of us to be running and maintaining a forum. We are different in various aspects and I don't feel that we're at a disadvantage. Unfortunately there will be people on the forum that create a certain culture and atmosphere, and sometimes the site will be judged based on those people. Nick does a great job at Nasioc and they're good at what they do, and I'm doing the best I can here to keep ClubWRX the best at what we do.

The key is for any of our members is to know what they want and find the right forum for them without having to deal with the "flaws". A lot of people from our site goes to Nasioc for technical info while people there come here for the friendly environment. How people rate forums is completely subjective, and there's always the option to jump around if they like to. This is why I can waive goodbye to the people who doesn't "fit" our forum. The site is not about how much traffic it gets, it's really about how much we enjoy being here for our own reasons.
    Tim
    Admin

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX
    BTW thank you guys for choosing ClubWRX as your regular hangout. If all the forums are the same then it would be pointless for most of us to be running and maintaining a forum. We are different in various aspects and I don't feel that we're at a disadvantage. Unfortunately there will be people on the forum that create a certain culture and atmosphere, and sometimes the site will be judged based on those people. Nick does a great job at Nasioc and they're good at what they do, and I'm doing the best I can here to keep ClubWRX the best at what we do.

The key is for any of our members is to know what they want and find the right forum for them without having to deal with the "flaws". A lot of people from our site goes to Nasioc for technical info while people there come here for the friendly environment. How people rate forums is completely subjective, and there's always the option to jump around if they like to. This is why I can waive goodbye to the people who doesn't "fit" our forum. The site is not about how much traffic it gets, it's really about how much we enjoy being here for our own reasons.
    yeah, im not probably the best member. i do annoy people and act stupid sometimes but this i say is a pretty good overall site/forum considering the amounts of people on here. only time i feel like i shouldnt talk on here is if i feel the need to mod the crap outta my car with money i need for my No.1 ride.
    Like others have said, we are having a problem that arose with the intellitext where a page wont load and there is an error block that pops up and you have to refresh the page to get it to upload the page right.
    Why B**** when its free?

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    yeah, im not probably the best member. i do annoy people and act stupid sometimes but this i say is a pretty good overall site/forum considering the amounts of people on here. only time i feel like i shouldnt talk on here is if i feel the need to mod the crap outta my car with money i need for my No.1 ride.
    Like others have said, we are having a problem that arose with the intellitext where a page wont load and there is an error block that pops up and you have to refresh the page to get it to upload the page right.
    Why B**** when its free?
    +1
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

Peachypumpkincheeks

To Turn Off Intellitext Links:

Hey guys, here's the secret:

Mouse over one of the links, when the box pops up click "What's This?"

It'll take you to the intellitext homepage where you can scroll to the bottom and turn off the links!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo
    Mike,

Breaking even monetarily doesn't account for the time investment that's needed to support this site. As I said before, I think he deserves some compensation for all his time and effort, on top of just making sure the site doesn't go down because he can't afford to pay for hosting. If that's your opinion of selling out, I guess I shouldn't be charging any money for my photoshoots, since all my equipment is already paid for, so I shouldn't get any compensation for taking the photos and all the post-processing..
    I couldn't agree more. I think Tim's most recent actions for creating revenue would have been much better recieved had he been up front about that. I think it's important to understand that man hours invested doens't just count for Tim. There are moderators here that put in many many times the investment into this club that Tim has. If we're creating revenue to subsidize man hours, then Tim should use that to help out the other people doing the trench work here. Apparently the site is shifting mentality. If the strategy is to handle the transition publicly, at least do it properly! You can't expect valuable feedback if you're not telling the whole story!

Hosting is cheap, and so is space. Vendors pay $100 / month to be here, as do banner spots. i don't think there's any risk at this point of Tim not being able to pay for hosting costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo
    You may have some personal differences with Tim, but I'm really starting to wonder why you're even still on this site. You obviously don't agree with how things are run here, so why stay? Are you even contributing to technical forums anymore? I've always had your back but now I just don't understand what purpose you're serving now, since you CONSTANTLY put up posts just critiquing this forum or Tim himself. Given what's happened in the past, I honestly can't take your critiques without a grain of salt.
    I don't have any personal differences with Tim. I'm here b/c i love subarus, and i love the WRX. I do contribute to technical threads. Take my critiques with whatever you want. That's your bag. I care about this place, and when prompted for an opinion, You can bet your @$$ i'm going to give it. I want this place to stay around and be the best subaru site on the web. That's it.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Hey guys, here's the secret:

Mouse over one of the links, when the box pops up click "What's This?"

It'll take you to the intellitext homepage where you can scroll to the bottom and turn off the links!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sweeet.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    The truth is that there's now a group of people out there that seems to take pleasure from "stirring the pot" here at Club. (I'm not talking about you, Mike)

liar.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    I think Tim's most recent actions for creating revenue would have been much better recieved had he been up front about that.
    + 1 million.

And thank you Speedette! Hopefully that takes care of the page load error crap!

In principal this doesn't bother me, however, in the howto section I don't like the idea of someone making money of my intellectual property, given freely and without asking for anything in return....now someon has hijacked that work and is making money on it. not cool.

any way to exclude the forums where people actually post their own work on?
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    In principal this doesn't bother me, however, in the howto section I don't like the idea of someone making money of my intellectual property, given freely and without asking for anything in return....now someon has hijacked that work and is making money on it. not cool.

any way to exclude the forums where people actually post their own work on?
    Maybe you might have to look into patents rights or copyrights..
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    I couldn't agree more. I think Tim's most recent actions for creating revenue would have been much better recieved had he been up front about that. I think it's important to understand that man hours invested doens't just count for Tim. There are moderators here that put in many many times the investment into this club that Tim has. If we're creating revenue to subsidize man hours, then Tim should use that to help out the other people doing the trench work here. Apparently the site is shifting mentality. If the strategy is to handle the transition publicly, at least do it properly! You can't expect valuable feedback if you're not telling the whole story!
    If you agree with me, you could've worded your critique in a much better way than childishly calling Tim a sell-out. Why couldn't you have said what you just said before? That's just a simple insult, and doesn't make your opinion/argument look very good at all. It's no constructive, nor does it explain exactly what your opinion is.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.