Those little green underlines! - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Those little green underlines! within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YBNormal07 I am also experiencint the IE error, and come to think of it, it occurred after ...

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    I am also experiencint the IE error, and come to think of it, it occurred after the links started happening. Tim....maybe someone could do some troubleshooting on this? I don't really mind the error except when I come in and click User CP to see what posts to respond to, the IE pops up, then when I have to log back in, the site sees no new posts in my User CP...so I'm probably missing stuff I might need to respond to.

Scott

Add 127.0.0.1 clubwrx.us.intellitxt.com
    to your hosts file
    or upgrade to mozilla and use adblock. It's pretty sweet, I've just installed it on the computer I'm on now and it's nice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    And Armin, first you need to have people who are knowledgeable enought to post some decent info and technical stuff and if most of those are discouraged from posting in any way than you're getting slowly to the point where we're heading now, "OT forum for people who have Subarus and are bored at the moment". I really wouldn't want to see this. I understand that people want to make this site better and need money to do it, but i'm pretty sure that there are other ways of doing it.
    And i understand that Tim may get tired of these comments but he asked for them and should not discourage people with his answers.
    I really wouldn't want to look for another Subaru forum in near future
    There are/were PLENTY of knowledgeable people who can/could post technical info. Big Sky is a prime example of someone who is a total suspension guru, and someone I would trust over most anyone on other forums. MANY others have the knowledge, but they themselves have just gotten "fed up" with the "people" on this forum and have gone to different forums where they didn't have to deal with the "people" here. That's not a fault of Tim, that's a fault of the people who instead of taking it upon themselves to make this place better, just picked up their ball and went home, because they didn't want to deal with "n00bs" or whatever. These are the exact people I'm talking about.

As far as making money on the site, I think some people are a little disillusioned as to how much money it takes to run a bandwidth hog forum like this. My hosting for my personal site costs me about $300/year. That's with 14GB of bandwidth, about a gig of space, and 99.999% uptime. My site is dwarfed by the requirements of this site...you're talking about thousands of dollars per year to keep this site running, not to mention Tim and his server guy Roman doing 95% of the site design and programming. Moderators aren't paid, and do all their stuff by volunteering. Even charging vendors fees, money alone doesn't keep this site running...it also requires a lot of time.

Thus, why shouldn't Tim be compensated for his time and effort? Not only does he have to support and work on this site, but he also has school full time and his own business to support his schooling. I say all power to Tim...that's why I try to help him out as much as I possibly can, even with my own personal busy schedule.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks guys. I'm glad that people are remembering the fact that I'm TRYING this out. The site doesn't necessarily have to have intellitxt as a sponsor, but it does help myself and the site financially. The guys at intellitxt are being very helpful and I'm sure you guys are not the only group of people to not favor intellitxt, and they will read your comments to see how they can cater to you. If the program works out then it will work out, and if not then we don't have to go with it. Nothing is set in stone so don't owrry too much about it.

Your opinions are very valuable but sometimes I do get annoyed by some critisism that I don't consider constructive. I'll let the guys at intellitxt know about the error messages.
    Tim
    Admin

pretty weak in my opinon.

for a site you claim that already breaks even, tim, it does seem a bit strange that you're implementing all these revenue generating changes.

what's worse, is you post up and ask for comment, then get all irritated when people speak up.

itdoes appear clubwrx.net has sold out. :

dR

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX

Your opinions are very valuable but sometimes I do get annoyed by some critisism that I don't consider constructive.
    Lately you get annoyed with ALL criticism posted. if you're going to ask the masses what they think, don't get all pissy when they happen to disagree with you.

and to say "if you don't like it, leave" is is in total opposition to what your initial mission was here. (I know because i was here at he begining). you used to scold the mods for saying that. you used to say "this place is for everyone to have fun and talk cars" it seems now, this place is here solely to create revenue.

dR

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex

for a site you claim that already breaks even, tim, it does seem a bit strange that you're implementing all these revenue generating changes.

what's worse, is you post up and ask for comment, then get all irritated when people speak up.

dR
    Mike,

Breaking even monetarily doesn't account for the time investment that's needed to support this site. As I said before, I think he deserves some compensation for all his time and effort, on top of just making sure the site doesn't go down because he can't afford to pay for hosting. If that's your opinion of selling out, I guess I shouldn't be charging any money for my photoshoots, since all my equipment is already paid for, so I shouldn't get any compensation for taking the photos and all the post-processing.

You may have some personal differences with Tim, but I'm really starting to wonder why you're even still on this site. You obviously don't agree with how things are run here, so why stay? Are you even contributing to technical forums anymore? I've always had your back but now I just don't understand what purpose you're serving now, since you CONSTANTLY put up posts just critiquing this forum or Tim himself. Given what's happened in the past, I honestly can't take your critiques without a grain of salt.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I Support ClubWRX
    Mike,

Check your PM.
    Tim
    Admin

i think that more discussion is not necessary.
    People who read/will read this thread have already made up/will make up their mind based on the posts from both sides and hopefully they'll come to a different conclusion that some of us here have.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I Support ClubWRX
    I tend to log on from boxes that don't show the lines, but I was wondering whether the lines might imply -- incorrectly -- to a new person that someone whos post contains them is actually endorsing the product, service, or vendor linked to?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

One thing i noticed was i cant open up two or more pages now without refreshing crazily. but other than that its all good
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex

dR
    I don't think Tim has any issues with "constructive criticism" but blatent insults directed at him. Like I said in my earlier post, calling Tim a "sellout" is rude and childish. I believe Tim when he said that we wants feedback, and I gave my opinion. The way people have been acting about this screams high school tantrums, and its getting old. Lets grow up people.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

I Support ClubWRX
    The truth is that there's now a group of people out there that seems to take pleasure from "stirring the pot" here at Club. (I'm not talking about you, Mike)

It's best just to calmly respond and let it go. With luck, they'll get tired of it and move on.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    My suggested solution: if we are in need of site-supporting sponsors, can we instead have advertiser banner links on the main pages? Take for example the way the LS1 Tech forum conducts their sponsorships to maintain their forum: http://ls1tech.com/forums

It's just a much more appealing and tasteful way to display sponsors and encourage advertiser participation without 'forcefeeding' it to the members.
    Did anyone see my suggestion?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Did anyone see my suggestion?
    Hi Speedette...I went to that website, and in my opinion it is very busy looking..not real pleasant, but thats just me.. and its a lot better sugg. than some people have made..
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by timber
    Hi Speedette...I went to that website, and in my opinion it is very busy looking..not real pleasant, but thats just me.. and its a lot better sugg. than some people have made..
    Indeed, but the ads can be set up differently, and the banners only show up on the main forum pages, not in the threads themselves. Also, we have a much better color scheme (and no sig pics) so it's much more pleasant here.

I actually work in internet advertising at USA Today and it's amazing how banner ads can power a site. If you'd like more detailed info I'd be happy to supply you with it Tim (i.e. competitive rates, other kits to get you started.)
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar