Those little green underlines! - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Those little green underlines! within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't know if anyone else has had this issue. But since the intellitext has been added, every once in ...

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue. But since the intellitext has been added, every once in a while I will receive an Internet Explorer error stating that the page cannot be opened and IE must terminate its operation. Usually refreshing the page will do the trick.

I think IE is having problems with the intellitext, since I am not experiencing this with any other websites, and I never experienced it on this site before the intellitext was added. Maybe just a little glitch in the code. No biggie. I did try it on another computer and the same thing happened, so it isn't my computer.

I don't mind the links being there, but honestly I will probably never use them. Too many spyware and virus concerns for me.
    stupidman has spoken
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    I don't know if anyone else has had this issue. But since the intellitext has been added, every once in a while I will receive an Internet Explorer error stating that the page cannot be opened and IE must terminate its operation. Usually refreshing the page will do the trick.

I think IE is having problems with the intellitext, since I am not experiencing this with any other websites, and I never experienced it on this site before the intellitext was added. Maybe just a little glitch in the code. No biggie. I did try it on another computer and the same thing happened, so it isn't my computer.

I don't mind the links being there, but honestly I will probably never use them. Too many spyware and virus concerns for me.
    Yep, I get this too.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Me to.I just refresh:
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

what i get is a popup basically saying site isnt safe. My spyware protector also goes off. I wonder why?

Tim wont pull the plug, he makes MONEY. People already hinted on other forums that this would happen with this forum.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    what i get is a popup basically saying site isnt safe. My spyware protector also goes off. I wonder why?

Tim wont pull the plug, he makes MONEY. People already hinted on other forums that this would happen with this forum.
    Then leave.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    Then leave.

yes sir
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

If it some how supports the forum financially. Thus a better forum. I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    yes sir
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

I'm having the same problem on my laptop. It's a Pentium (not Pentium II) so it's pretty slow, but it usually does the job for surfing the Internet. Not in this case, though. I'll have to try the refresh deal.

I haven't noticed the problem on my main computer, but I really haven't been on this site on it recently.

Tim, whatever you have to do to keep this site up is OK with me. Anyone complaining about anything on a free site is a douchenozzle first class in my opinion. And notice that I said "complaining," not "expressing their opinion." There's a big difference.
    "I drove like my mother in the first stage" Gigi Galli, WRC driver, Mitsubishi.

I don't like them.

Edit: This is really getting on my nerves...
    Last edited by kushdogg; 12-17-2005 at 10:19 PM.

i don't mind the links since i know every little bit of change helps keep this forum up, but its causing some weird problems. every time i click on a link (not the intellitext ones.. i'm talking about links other members put up that link to other threads) a window opens like normal, but then causes an IE error and doesn't load. i think the intellitext scripting is causing it since it never happened before and it happens on both computers i have. that's the only complaint i have with the green links. thanks for the hard work on this site btw.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX
    I'm still paying attention to what everyone says here and I don't appreciate people whining after seeing something that they don't like for 5-6 hours. I do intend on working with our members to get feedback and suggestions to make some changes. I never said that we're keeping intellitext for sure and I didn't expect a positive reaction from our members. If all you want to do is keep complaining then you're not welcome here. I asked you to leave nicely because you're not welcome here, and you obviously don't get it. If you keep pushing my buttons I may just ban you just because I am fed up with you. Now if you like to go to Brotspec, go ahead, no one is making you stay here if you think this site is such a joke. The site is less technical than some of the other subaru sites, so whats the big deal? People are happy here... if you want more technical information you're welcome to go to other sites out there, I have no problem with that. The last thing that I want to do is waste my time to cater to people who don't appreciate what's provided here on ClubWRX. Seriously, if you want to leave please do everyone here a favor and go, I really don't feel like I'm losing anything here.
    Damn, what's going on here???
    I don't like this intellitext either. Remember when i first saw it at nasioc and thought "thank God we don't have this crap on ClubWRX". Well guess it's time for us to have it
    and i'm 90% with AwdTurboWrx, it's really annoying recently to post here. And Armin, first you need to have people who are knowledgeable enought to post some decent info and technical stuff and if most of those are discouraged from posting in any way than you're getting slowly to the point where we're heading now, "OT forum for people who have Subarus and are bored at the moment". I really wouldn't want to see this. I understand that people want to make this site better and need money to do it, but i'm pretty sure that there are other ways of doing it.
    And i understand that Tim may get tired of these comments but he asked for them and should not discourage people with his answers.
    I really wouldn't want to look for another Subaru forum in near future
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I don't see what the big issue it. I enjoy the time I spend on here, I get opinions, see other peoples WRX's, get some technical information, and be a part of the community. Tim is TRYING IT OUT and asking for opinion, not asking for name calling and other childish behavior. Tim, maybe you ought to make this a voting thread as well, and see what the members think. If they think that its a bad idea, then they can vote no. I don't really care for them myself, but they just aren't something that I would click on anyway. Lets just keep it nice around here, stop the name calling, and offer advice.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    i don't mind the links since i know every little bit of change helps keep this forum up, but its causing some weird problems. every time i click on a link (not the intellitext ones.. i'm talking about links other members put up that link to other threads) a window opens like normal, but then causes an IE error and doesn't load. i think the intellitext scripting is causing it since it never happened before and it happens on both computers i have. that's the only complaint i have with the green links. thanks for the hard work on this site btw.

I am also experiencint the IE error, and come to think of it, it occurred after the links started happening. Tim....maybe someone could do some troubleshooting on this? I don't really mind the error except when I come in and click User CP to see what posts to respond to, the IE pops up, then when I have to log back in, the site sees no new posts in my User CP...so I'm probably missing stuff I might need to respond to.

Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    I am also experiencint the IE error, and come to think of it, it occurred after the links started happening. Tim....maybe someone could do some troubleshooting on this? I don't really mind the error except when I come in and click User CP to see what posts to respond to, the IE pops up, then when I have to log back in, the site sees no new posts in my User CP...so I'm probably missing stuff I might need to respond to.
    Just as an added piece of info, I've yet to see anything like this happen in Firefox. (which I use 99% of the time)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.