Those little green underlines! - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Those little green underlines! within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Eh none of the changes bother me. I still like clubwrx. I think some people over react. Its just a ...

Eh none of the changes bother me. I still like clubwrx. I think some people over react. Its just a couple green lines.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my friend runs evolutionforums.com and makes money without any of that bs, are you telling me clubwrx loses money with more members and a much more active forum?? he also runs it himself. Im sure Tim has made his money off this site.

Tim do you really want people to leave? EVERYONE ALREADY LEFT, have you noticed nobody who used to be here even posts here anymore?? you obviously know about brotspec since moderators are no longer allowed to visit that place. Technical forum on this place is a joke, we have more threads about peoples girlfriends and what they should do then about actual performance and info. (and no, asking which one exhaust/downpipe is best doesnt count) Anyway, i appreciate your time spent on this site and whatever work your sacrificed, but with that work you have more then likely benefited financially. If you hadnt and it was this time consuming, it would of already been sold or even taken down but yet its up for stupid noobs to join everyday and ask the same bov/cai questions everyday. Atleast put a damn option to turn that crap off. Soon were going to be hit by spyware from crap like that. Alen
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Here's my thoughts, and I'm not just being and irate jackass, if we continue to have the stupid links I'm asking for my supporting member money back.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm still paying attention to what everyone says here and I don't appreciate people whining after seeing something that they don't like for 5-6 hours. I do intend on working with our members to get feedback and suggestions to make some changes. I never said that we're keeping intellitext for sure and I didn't expect a positive reaction from our members. If all you want to do is keep complaining then you're not welcome here. I asked you to leave nicely because you're not welcome here, and you obviously don't get it. If you keep pushing my buttons I may just ban you just because I am fed up with you. Now if you like to go to Brotspec, go ahead, no one is making you stay here if you think this site is such a joke. The site is less technical than some of the other subaru sites, so whats the big deal? People are happy here... if you want more technical information you're welcome to go to other sites out there, I have no problem with that. The last thing that I want to do is waste my time to cater to people who don't appreciate what's provided here on ClubWRX. Seriously, if you want to leave please do everyone here a favor and go, I really don't feel like I'm losing anything here.

Back to intellitext...

Now the guys at intellitext who I talked to seem to be pretty cool. The idea and the technology behind intellitxt is pretty neat so I decided to give it a try, plus the person who approached me is really nice and I'm sure I can work with him to get something that works for everyone. They probably have a really bad rep becuase of similar spywares that was passing before. Believe me, I'm not stupid enough to drive away the good members of our site just to make some money. I checked out some of their links from other car enthusiast websites and some of the ads are actually pretty interesting, and they're actaully businesses where I would click in there and check out their services instead of random words that take you to random sites. Most of the links are targeted for car enthusiasts. If there's an option where you can opt out of it, I'm sure we can make it avialable for our members and maybe keep it for the non-registered members. We'll see...
    Tim
    Admin

<-----Mac user (cant see it)

I really have no objection.
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX
    Let me know what you guys think too. Currently I'm limiting the number of lines to only 2 of them per thread so it won't be too bothersome. Let me know what you guys think.
    well you asked. so dont be surprised when someone doesnt agree w/ how you feel. i agree there is a line between constructive criticism and just all out complaining. im not one to chime in and tell someone how somthing should be run when 1. its free, and 2. i dont have a better solution.

But since you asked, i'll just say i do not like these little green links force fed to me. clubwrx was my only safe haven from these things, and i dont know about anyone else, but i dont like being told, er, im sorry "suggested" where to go based on keywords i dont even care about.

That being said, take it w/ a grain of salt. I love this site, love the knowledge and info that comes out of it, and thats what keeps me here. I know you said you're just toying w/ the idea right now, and thank god you only allowed 2 per thread, THAT in itself is a major improvement over other sites, but if my .02 will help you decide to get rid of them, or at the very least add the option for the user to disable them if they so choose to, then thats what its here for. In the end tho, you gotta do what you gotta do, and i think nothing short of making this a full pay site would ever make me leave. which i know you'd never do. (although lately i wouldnt blame you. haha)

Quote Originally Posted by IDAFC21
    ..i'll just say i do not like these little green links force fed to me. clubwrx was my only safe haven from these things, and i dont know about anyone else, but i dont like being told, er, im sorry "suggested" where to go based on keywords i dont even care about.

That being said, take it w/ a grain of salt. I love this site, love the knowledge and info that comes out of it, and thats what keeps me here. I know you said you're just toying w/ the idea right now, and thank god you only allowed 2 per thread, THAT in itself is a major improvement over other sites, but if my .02 will help you decide to get rid of them, or at the very least add the option for the user to disable them if they so choose to, then thats what its here for. In the end tho, you gotta do what you gotta do, and i think nothing short of making this a full pay site would ever make me leave. which i know you'd never do. (although lately i wouldnt blame you. haha)
    That's what I should have written...

Right on!
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Tim's point is correct. This site is something that's freely available to everyone that comes here; and something that he's personally put a lot of work into. Tim asked for our opinion, so it's appropriate for us to answer the question in a civil way, but there's no point in attacking him.

AwdTurboWrx, you and I have talked and enjoyed time together both here and other places, but your link in this thread is over the line. I can see where Tim would get upset over it. You're basically staring in the face of a guy who created a great forum for you, and calling him heinous names because he dares to experiment with something you don't like. You've benefited from his work, yet feel that you can bully him around. It doesn't make sense to me.

The fact is that Tim could say "I'm done with this" and pull the plug on this site any time he likes. Let's have a little gratitude for what he's done for us. I may not like intellitext, but the truth is I'd probably stick around even with it. Contrary to what's been said, there are still things to be learned here, and great people to talk to.

/soapbox..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Tim's point is correct. This site is something that's freely available to everyone that comes here; and something that he's personally put a lot of work into. Tim asked for our opinion, so it's appropriate for us to answer the question in a civil way, but there's no point in attacking him.

AwdTurboWrx, you and I have talked and enjoyed time together both here and other places, but your link in this thread is over the line. I can see where Tim would get upset over it. You're basically staring in the face of a guy who created a great forum for you, and calling him heinous names because he dares to experiment with something you don't like. You've benefited from his work, yet feel that you can bully him around. It doesn't make sense to me.

The fact is that Tim could say "I'm done with this" and pull the plug on this site any time he likes. Let's have a little gratitude for what he's done for us. I may not like intellitext, but the truth is I'd probably stick around even with it. Contrary to what's been said, there are still things to be learned here, and great people to talk to.

/soapbox..
    +100
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Eh none of the changes bother me. I still like clubwrx. I think some people over react. Its just a couple green lines.
    +1. Im sorry if i have enough self control to NOT click on a link. O wow a line_______heres another.Its not a big deal Dont like it leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    if we continue to have the stupid links I'm asking for my supporting member money back.
    Wtf dude how can you think that. Thats like playin the lottery,not winning, and asking for you money back. So what stuff didnt go as planned or how you would have hoped.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX

/soapbox..
    +1000

If you have a problem with how the site is run or how the people are on this forum, instead of sitting and whining about it, why don't you actively DO something about it? Don't think this site is technical enough? Then start posting more in the technical forums! Maybe even post a guide for newcomers and ask that it get stickied. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's complaining about something and not taking any steps to even try to fix it.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Can't we at least be offered the ability to turn this function off? I find it distracting. Plus, some spyware/virus software uses this same method, so as one who is very conscious of this, I would NEVER click on a hyperlink that I wasn't looking for in the first place.
    +100

I go on clubWRX a LOT during work (lunch and breaks) but where I work we have very sensitive information so I'd be worried about going on clubWRX if this would at all jeopardize my job.
    _______

Also, I am not a fan of the sponsor embedded links. I appreciate that at this point you have kept it down to two a thread but I still find it superfluous. That was the one thing that really kept us apart from sites like Nasioc and iclub and drove a lot of members over here.

My suggested solution: if we are in need of site-supporting sponsors, can we instead have advertiser banner links on the main pages? Take for example the way the LS1 Tech forum conducts their sponsorships to maintain their forum: http://ls1tech.com/forums

It's just a much more appealing and tasteful way to display sponsors and encourage advertiser participation without 'forcefeeding' it to the members.

Just a suggestion! I really love ClubWRX and definitely appreciate everything Tim does to keep this site running as well as all of the contributing participants.

P.S. I still can't see the ClubWRX logo?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

well all i got to say is since he introduced these i rarely can view pages on here and my computer lags like crazy and i have to do away with thte site. and this is on roadrunner on a 110gb comp.

Goodbye i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo

If you have a problem with how the site is run or how the people are on this forum, instead of sitting and whining about it, why don't you actively DO something about it? Don't think this site is technical enough? Then start posting more in the technical forums! Maybe even post a guide for newcomers and ask that it get stickied. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's complaining about something and not taking any steps to even try to fix it.

I agree. The site really is what you make it. Tim isn't making anyone make less technical posts.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    well all i got to say is since he introduced these i rarely can view pages on here and my computer lags like crazy and i have to do away with thte site. and this is on roadrunner on a 110gb comp.

Goodbye i guess
    If your computer is lagging like crazy, I would suggest that it has more to do with your computer than with the intellitext links. My computer at home is a dog (600MHz PIII with 500M of RAM), yet I have no problem here in IE or Firefox.

I'm not slamming you, just suggesting that you might want to do some clean up on your computer.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.