Disaster Relief - how you can help - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Disaster Relief - how you can help within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We are MIDWEST AUTO SALON of Apple Valley. We are teaming up with the American Red Cross to host a ...

Here's a great way to help gang...BENEFIT CAR SHOW

We are MIDWEST AUTO SALON of Apple Valley. We are teaming up with the American Red Cross to host a very special event called RIDES FOR RELIEF on October 1st, 2005.

BRING YOUR RIDES!!! We want to see you! We will be hosting an all cars welcome car show (that includes cars, trucks, SUV's and bikes). Come out and help us raise money to help with the relief effort in the wake of two of the worst natural disasters to hit our soils. We will have trophies for the winners, as well as food, music and a silent auction with products supplied throughout the community...AND EVERY PENNY GOES TO THE VICTIMS OF KATRINA AND RITA!!!

Trophies will be awarded in the following categories: Best domestic, japanese, european, SUV, lowrider, bike, stereo and biggest car club.

The public is welcome, so please come out and show your support! We have had many cars already RSVP, so please call today if you are interested in attending - AND ALL ENTRY FEES ARE ALSO BEING DONATED 100%.

If you would like to help in any way, if you have questions, or if you or your business would like to donate an item or service to our silent auction...please call Brad Scanlan @ 952 997-7113...or e-mail: bradsellshomes@hotmail.com

Help us to make this a truly special and fun event!

Directions: From 494 take 77 south (ceder ave.) to Apple Valley, turn right on 147th St, 2 blocks on left...across from Famous Dave's BBQ.

MIDWEST AUTO SALON
    7604 W 147th St
    Apple Valley, MN 55124
    952 997-7113
    fax: 952 997-7876
    e-mail: midwest_auto_salon@yahoo.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Car show is 10am-5pm on OCT 1st....registration is 10am-12pm...hope to see you there!

Go Gautier Gators!

Howdy folks. I just returned this morning from a 30 day disaster relief detail through work (Cleveland Fire Dpt.). I was in Southern Mississippi from Sept. 5 through Oct. 5. It would literally take me pages to give you an idea of what's going on down there, and what I've seen over the last 30 days, but there is one very important thing that you should all know, that the media isn't telling you. The people of Southern Mississippi are some of the best people you will ever meet in your life. Everyone had a story of the disaster, but no matter what, EVERYONE had a positive outlook on things to come. The eye of the storm actually went through Mississippi, leaving an unbelievable wake of destruction in it's path, but as quickly as the storm left, the communities themselves began to come together. These are the REAL heroes. You won't hear in the media about the good folks of Louisiana or Mississippi who are actually working to help themselves and their communities. That's not news worth telling, I guess. We worked our a$$es off for 30 days while were down there, but you better believe the locals were right there working along side us. Also, if you have not donated, and you are still thinking about it, give to the Salvation Army. FEMA was pretty useless down there, the Red Cross was helping in huge numbers, but the Salvation Army was all over the place. I don't know why they don't get the publicity the Red Cross does, but they did every bit as much, if not more in the time that I was down there. Any who, I could babble on forever. It was the experience of a life time and I'll never forget it.

If anyone is interested, I have tons of pics.

In an ironic turn of events, while I was away, I asked my wife's little brother to drive my wrx every now and then so it wasn't just sitting for 30 days (the wife hates driving stick). I was gone for less then a week when my wife informed me my bro'-in-law had blown the tranny. Sigh. Time to learn about new trannies...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345