Disaster Relief - how you can help - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Disaster Relief - how you can help within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My sister and her family were in Waveland, MS. They were not there at the time it hit, but they ...

My sister and her family were in Waveland, MS. They were not there at the time it hit, but they are safe. House, property and two vehicles are gone. I am sending them care packages. They are safe and so are there children, that is all I care about. Material things come and go, lives do not. I thank you all that are sending stuff or donating money. I prefer the direct method.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    My credit union is matching its member’s donations though a relief fund account they have setup online through 11/14/05. I just gave them $100.

Put me down for another $100 + $100 from my credit union.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

$117 from the fad miester- i know i spent 4500 on my new turbo setup but i had a feew extra bucks in the coin jar and i cashed it in hehehe

i feel bad for these people but im usually a "if it doenst benefit me , then i dun care" type of guy but i had a change of heart just now
    Fadi....
    • 04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    • 05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

help

im a local here in san antonio and have volunteered my time at the windsor park mall center to help out those in need . was there all weekend and will probably head out to NO on monday of next week to try and help get the phones up and going since i am a phone tech for swb.

If anyone reading this thread is also a fan of Halo you can purchase a t-shirt off of bungie.net for 19.99. Most of the that price ($15) goes to relief efforts. They are also contributing a portion of their sales of other goods from the month of September to relief efforts. Even if you are not a halo fan, you probably know someone who is...spread the word or buy some stuff for a family member or friend. This is just an additional medium in order to get money and supplies to those who need it.

im in the u.s. coast guard. 70% of active duty in the area lost all housing as well. we have a list in our district which is D13 for members to go down and help. i know if your military they are asking if you can donate older uniforms or outgrown uniforms. thats what im doing. i already donate monthly to mutal assistance which is coasties helping coasties.

as of today coast guard has rescued 39,xxx people. thats more than the coast guard work force. they have been going at it since the storm started.
    wagon...thats right

i donated a crap load of clothes and so did my unit that i with.

USMC
    Cpl Calhoon

I donated $50 to the Red Cross on Saturday, and my wife's company is matching all employee donations so we'll probably do another $50 through them.

I donated through the place I work as they are matching all contributions to the Red Cross. It's never been so easy to double my money

i just donated crap load of clothes, and so did the unit im with.

USMC
    Cpl Calhoon

I believe the guys on Fanatics are doing a new T-shirt with the 06 STi as the back drop logo, and then costs after the cost of shirt will go to benefit the Katrina disaster.

Maybe a new Club WRX.net t-shirt w/ proceeds going to Katrina too?

Signed,
    Charlie
    04 White STi (Gold & Silver BBS), Blitz Nur Spec Touring Edition Cat Back, GP Moto Elbow, Black Fog Bezels w/ Yellow PIAA Lamps, Rally Armor Mud Flaps

Quote Originally Posted by thinkledge
    If anyone reading this thread is also a fan of Halo you can purchase a t-shirt off of bungie.net for 19.99. Most of the that price ($15) goes to relief efforts. They are also contributing a portion of their sales of other goods from the month of September to relief efforts. Even if you are not a halo fan, you probably know someone who is...spread the word or buy some stuff for a family member or friend. This is just an additional medium in order to get money and supplies to those who need it.
    Done! Anyone else out there, if you think that you can't afford to help, there is plenty that you can do. While cash is almost always preferred by Red Cross, Salvation Army, FEMA, contribute in any way that you can. Got unused air miles on one of your credit cards? Contact your credit card company or the airline and see if its possible to donate those to victims. Got a change jar at home? Use the Coinstar and donate it. Work for a large business, find out if they match employee contributions. (Even a small business!)

This is a monumental task everyone. Lets see what all of us can do to help lighten the burden and help all those that have been displaced by Katrina.

Also, Tim, is it possible to sticky this? With as many posts as we get a day, its easy for something to get lost or forgotten. I know that we don't want that to happen. Thanks everybody! My prayers are with all ya!

$500 red cross

Waycool you're doing this. I gave 200 through our company which is matching contriubtions to the redcross.

I just donated $100 to the red cross. Does anyone know if there is a place that picks up clothes? I have a few bags of those I can donate as well.
    Wanna ski or ride the park this summer? Check out www.twelve60.com for the upcoming season!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.