Noob question about wrx and sti
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Noob question about wrx and sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First post, REALLY debating the sti, wrx and evolution. The wrx is attainable now and would be a much newer ...

Noob question about wrx and sti

First post, REALLY debating the sti, wrx and evolution. The wrx is attainable now and would be a much newer car vs the sti. I have to wait several months to save more for either the sti or the evo...

Aesthetic question: Besides the wheels, wing and BBS wheels are there any other body differences between the sti and the wrx?

I DID try searching but I couldn't find a specific thread that answered my question. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the new STI also has Splitters and a larger hood scoop, no fog lights, and fog light covers. The new 05 STIs have flared rear fenders. (small flares, nothing drastic).

I like the STI, but a drawback for me was the gas mileage. Im just as pleased with my 2005 crystal grey metallic wrx

Personally, i like the STi better as far as looks save the spoiler. The interior is also alot nicer. From personal experience with WRX vs the STi, I have to say that the STi was easier to drive from the clutch stand point, but the shifting was more difficult. Mind you these are on new cars so that could change with time. Honestly, the STi was just more fun to drive.

As said before the milage is a bit of a concern, but I figured no kids + no wife = STi.

My big beef with the Evo is that it is a mitsubishi, whose track record for quality manufacturing isn't as good as subaru. I know they have gotten better these past 5 years, but I did't want to take the risk.

Good luck on your decision!

PS: if you get a brilliant silver wrx and are interested in the STi spoiler, lmk!
    ~Dayton, OH~
    2005 WRX-STi
    Platinum Silver Metallic

Thanks for the replies. I'm having a difficult time justifying the STI's purchasing price since my ultimate goal is to buy real estate in fewer than 5 years.

A very feasible reality for me is to buy a wrx and to purchase the STI body accessories (without the huge wing). I've tried to research the cost for the front bumper/lip, side skirts and rear bumper/lip but haven't found costs. Anyone have a clue how much the 4 pieces would be?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by LT21
    Thanks for the replies. I'm having a difficult time justifying the STI's purchasing price since my ultimate goal is to buy real estate in fewer than 5 years.

A very feasible reality for me is to buy a wrx and to purchase the STI body accessories (without the huge wing). I've tried to research the cost for the front bumper/lip, side skirts and rear bumper/lip but haven't found costs. Anyone have a clue how much the 4 pieces would be?
    why would you want people to think that it's an STI when it's not?

I love the STi, but if your goal is money in real estate, do that. That way in a few more years, you can buy whatever car you want, or all 3!! They aren't makeing any more land.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I don't want people thinking it's an sti--I've researched all the other kits for the wrx/sti and they are simply too gaudy for my taste (my roots began with Honda Civics and I've always had an affinity for clean looks, no ricers please). The sti or oem kit are the cleanest most conservative kits out there, hence my choice.

But regardless, I just got my tax return today and my Vice President convinced me to wait a few more months before purchasing the sti. My monthly payments will basically be the same as buying a wrx now so I'm not really sacrificing anything except for time.

I'll let you guys know when I get my ride. She's worth the wait no?

Question

I don't want people thinking it's an sti--I've researched all the other kits for the wrx/sti and they are simply too gaudy for my taste (my roots began with Honda Civics and I've always had an affinity for clean looks, no ricers please). The sti or oem kit are the cleanest most conservative kits out there, hence my choice.

But regardless, I just got my tax return today and my Vice President convinced me to wait a few more months before purchasing the sti. My monthly payments will basically be the same as buying a wrx now so I'm not really sacrificing anything except for time.

I'll let you guys know when I get my ride. She's worth the wait no?
    yes, she is for sure worth the wait, but, have you takin higher insurance into consideration?

Yes, I have about 6-7 different Excel sheets showing my budgeting for the new ride.

Insurance is negligible. My company asks $133 a month for wrx and $143 a month for sti.

Yes, I have about 6-7 different Excel sheets showing my budgeting for the new ride.

Insurance is negligible. My company asks $133 a month for wrx and $143 a month for sti.
    wow... my insurance is only $367/6mo. on the STi. It's with progressive tho... so i don't know how good they are. Everyone else wanted ~1200/yr.
    ~Dayton, OH~
    2005 WRX-STi
    Platinum Silver Metallic

I was leaning towards the STI, but, the dealers will not negotiate much with them. I got my 05 WRX for 22,450 !

wow... my insurance is only $367/6mo. on the STi. It's with progressive tho... so i don't know how good they are. Everyone else wanted ~1200/yr.

Wow, I have NO IDEA how you scored that monthly payment nor do I know what kind of coverage you're getting. I called Progressive myself and got an even higher quote for 50/100/50 coverage, theft protection and $500 deductible. That's pretty basic insurance so my head is spinning what your coverage could possibly be. Oh yeah, I have a clean driving record AND I'm 27. I'm sticking with Farmers since they've been good to us and the few times our family needed them everything was smooth as silk.

All I can say for that cheap of an insurance payment is..."Luckeeee!"

im $448 a month for insurance...19 yrs old, 05 WRX, full coverage (duh), no tickets

Havent used State Farm in over 13 years use to pay 1800+ for a old small 2 door ford resale on it was 500 bucks. They kept on raising the payments by a 100 to 200 a year for 2 years before i dumped them.

Quotes i got for a Wrx was 1800 range with progressive/gieco i could get a Sti down to 1800 with progressive 2grand with gieco and 2000wrx/2200sti with my last insurance co.

Im in my mid 30s.

Wow, I have NO IDEA how you scored that monthly payment nor do I know what kind of coverage you're getting. I called Progressive myself and got an even higher quote for 50/100/50 coverage, theft protection and $500 deductible. That's pretty basic insurance so my head is spinning what your coverage could possibly be. Oh yeah, I have a clean driving record AND I'm 27. I'm sticking with Farmers since they've been good to us and the few times our family needed them everything was smooth as silk.

All I can say for that cheap of an insurance payment is..."Luckeeee!"
    my original quote was 472/6mo, and because of special discounts that they offered, i was able to get it for 367. we went thru AAA to get it, and went with the best company for the lowest price.
    ~Dayton, OH~
    2005 WRX-STi
    Platinum Silver Metallic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.