Question about WRXs - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Question about WRXs within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by killthelights14 well with the sti you will be dissatisfied with the price. why dont you just buy ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by killthelights14
    well with the sti you will be dissatisfied with the price. why dont you just buy a used porsche if your going to spend 30 grand
    IMO, the STi is of much better value than any used Porsche you can buy for 30K. It will not only outperform it, but it will be utilized more, and be cheaper to insure. Yeah, there is the panache associated with the name Porsche, but if that is someones aim (ie..bling), then they wouldn't even be looking at a 30K Subaru to start with.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif Farooqi
    Ive decided to get a used WRX 04 instead of an STi. I could probably put $2000 worth of mods in and gfet it up to par w/ amd STi. It really is easier on the pockets also. Its a better balance to get a WRX b/c it for a beginner its a lower amt of a lot of power, you know what i mean? Im sure Ill be happy with it, if not il force myslef to be happy. Beggars cant be chosers.
    Good choice. Always go with what you can afford, not with what you might be able to afford. BTW..it'll take quite a bit more than 2K to get a WRX equal to an STi, but with 2K in mods, it will still be at the top 95% performance category when compared to all other cars.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

in terms of a porsche i wouldnt get it over an sti for the following reasons
    shop fees
    theft rate
    insurance
    rear wheel drive
    theyre ugly

Man, about 2 weeks ago when I was turned down by the last possible institution that could finanace my WRX (High debt ratio, good credit, damn house) I would have murdered to get my car. Then out of the blue I get an offer from my mortgager (go figure)

IMHO, the WRX is everything the STi is, just not AS good. You still have over 225 HP, you still have AWD, you still have a turbo, you still have great styling. I'd wouldn't even consider it "settling" for a WRX. I'm the happiest mofo you've seen nowadays. Every day I can't wait to leave work to jump back in the car. Matter of fact... I'm having a hard time sitting here typing this. I want to go drive it. (Actually I'm going to snap some pics) This would be a good car for a responsible teenage beg. driver.

The AWD will help keep you planted on snowy/rainy roads. The vehicle is powerful enough to get out of it's own way. (If you pull out in front of someone (on accident) you can potentially remove yourself. It's very comfortable, and I'm 6'4" tall and weight 335#'s. NOT a small guy. It's a 4 door, so when you go and fornicate premaritally you can put the carseat in the back w/o beating yourself or your child to death trying to buckle them in. Okay, long enough. Buy a WRX, and smile like I do.

Okay, so the bottom line, Ill expect a WRX. If my dad decides on an STi, al lthe better. I just hope my dad is willing to buy the car now, hes very up and down. One more problem I DONT KNOW WHAT COLOR TO LOOK FOR!!! Im stuck on blue, black pearl, or white. In my opinion blue only looks good on an STi. But if I get the STi the choices are blue or white. Colors suck!

After seeing all of them I'd go w/ yellow Oh wait, hehe, I think white looks the best. Keeping it clean is another story. But I like it.

I Support ClubWRX
    My assessment of the colors:

WRB (blue)---rally heritage, can't go wrong, lots with this color so individuality is sacrificed a bit.
    MPS (04 silver)--easist to keep clean, "scalpel/a machine that means business" look. Also probably the second most popular color, so again, the indivudality thing.
    Black/blue-Sinister looking, very nice looking, very hard to keep clean, can't avoid swirl marks so a yearly professional buff is necessary.
    White-Very purposful looking, pristine in a way Makes the car look the fattest (in a good way). Easy to keep clean, paint fades the fastes if not cared for.
    The new silver (darker than the 04). Same comments as for the MPS, except I like it better...the darker color is nice...wish they had made it just a tad darker though.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

go 4 the 04 rex, i have one and it has all the power that a new driver needs.

I found a 1999 2.5 RS coupe? Are those any good? How much power do they have?

Registered User killthelights14's Avatar
    your going from an sti to a 2.5 rs? lol
    02 wrb wrx stock turbo fmic 26 psi (it can be done)

Actually forget that, Im not going to a RS. I mean yeah im a beginner but i wont sink THAT low. But do old wrxs all have the same power? I was also looking at a Legacy. How are those? Can they be modded well?
    Last edited by Atif Farooqi; 04-03-2005 at 12:34 PM.

Dude, Atif, you suck at the internet.

new legacy's are nice.

Dont let these people tell you or discourage you about power.. I mean money wize the sti might be too much car for you at 18, but thats just because i dont know you. At 18 i could drive around an sti just fine.. hell at 17 my charger rt would whoop the hell out of an sti, it also required more attention to skidding and all sorts of other things. I blew engine mounts racing it. drove like a maniac because it was so fast though. mostly it was just stationary burn outs and dukes of hazard stuff.

But on a side note when it comes to driving with people around im very very careful. I have had my share of cars since then, thats the only one that was truely givin to me, and it was still probably the fastes qm to date. But... it couldnt handle like the miata nor was is nearly as fun as the wrx.

I would get the sti just because of tranny issues. if it came down to $ and time i would buy a 2.5 and do an engine tranny swap. Think about how original a 99 2.5rs would be with a v7 whole drive train in it. that would be cool as anything on the road. they look sweet in black and silver too. just a thought. More power to you for getting a nicer car earlier i know i could have taken care of it. BTW with all that power i have received one speeding ticket(in my wifes neon) and one accident(an a-hole swung wide into the parking lot and took out my rear end in my miata while i was just sitting there). so fast cars doesnt really mean u will end up dead. although a very big iron tank might be easier to start out with.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Ike
    Quote Originally Posted by pputkowski
    Dude, Atif, you suck at the internet.
    Agreed.

Plus I can't even imagine insurance prices on an STi for an 18 year old... Have you checked into that yet?

im 20 years old and i own a modded WRX - its like this - i didnt get my license till i was 18 ( due to some illegal activity when i was younger) but anyways - as soon as i got into a car i knew how to drive - its just obvious - dont kill people, be aware, obey signs, - on the other hand i have this friend who just got his license and he cant drive at all - although he is getting better - i wish i had the STI to start with cause if i did to the STI what i did to the WRX id have a ****ing monster- If your planning to mod and you have the money go STI or EVO - if you want a damn fast car - but arent as interested with making it "the fastest" - go with the WRX - youll love it - go drive it - i had an 03 RSX (Type-S) and that my friend has no power compared to the WRX
    And to all those people giving this kid **** - go to another forum - cause here we help our fellow subaru-ists - not try to get them to go to the evil side, HONDA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast