Question about WRXs - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Question about WRXs within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not stock....

t
    Not stock.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Atif Farooqi
    On a side note, i know the wrx can beat a plain lancer but can it keep up w/ an evo?

EVO and the STi are on the same level, not the EVO and the wrx. And you seem kind of stubborn. Be grateful your dad is buying you anycar. If it was a brand new wrx or a 91 crx, at least you have a car that can get you from point A to point B. A lot of kids don't even have a car half as cool as the wrx and they are far older then 18. Just be grateful.

Sorry if I seem rude, but these kinds of posts get me pissed when a person gets deffense and picky about a car they aren't even buying themselves.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

Quote Originally Posted by krazyimpoRts
    . Be grateful your dad is buying you anycar.
    +1
    good for you you know how to drive a stick That should be drivers ed 101. I learned to drive a stick when I was 10.
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

I Support ClubWRX
    Um...can we lay off the original poster here please? He just asked a few simple questions and some folks are bombing him here. I don't see anywhere where he is defensive about the car or picky for that matter. If some folks have the opportunity to get this type of car, regardless of the age, more power to them. It comes across as jealosy to pick him apart because of it.

Granted, he got defensive about that fact that he is 18 and has this opportunity, but since when is being young against the law to buy or be given a car? C'mon folks...lets lighten up a bit here. He just wanted to know if WE think HE will be satisfied with the power of a WRX. Of course we can't know if he will be, but offering constructive comments about the car in comparison to others is the right way to go. Comments about his age are not. Please refrain from making it personal. Like the sign says "Can't we all just get along?"
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Crap and me being 18 and I had to work for my car. But I do have a driving background under my belt (junior drags, go karts, beater cars,autocross,driving school, and what not) Just be careful we see alot of people my age and yours go because of stupid reasons hell one kid drove his wrx through a house thats how bad it can get. I think you will enjoy the power but maybe you should start out with a 2.5rs and work your way up if you never had a turbo/fast car before not saying the wrx is hell on wheels but it does have power you need to learn how to handle. Goodluck with your purchase.
    "WE RACE FOR EXCELLENCE" - SUBARU
    Bugeyed Mafia 4 Life

You will be extremely happy with the WRX... I just got mine 1 month ago and am now starting to enjoy it fully, but then again I was driving a '97 Accord before the WRX.
    04 WRX Sedan Aspen White ( http://photobucket.com/albums/y257/Mar48)
    Now: Eibach springs - Espelir JGT 500 - MOMO shift knob - painted sides - painted red subaru badge - foglight covers - 18" Linea Limix's powdercoated black
    Next: .... you'll see

Atif- Im 19 yrs old...and despite what people will tell you yes 16-21+ yr old drivers can be good. Theres a lot more worse drivers out there than better. I had a 2002 Focus ZX3 for a 1st car....got it when i was 16. Tuned it out a bunch and really learned how to drive on that. I have an 05 WRX now, and am 19 and i can tell you that its plenty fun. Plenty of performance and plenty of power to get you in trouble. Theres always room to mod it and make it faster. I can tell you...youll be happy.

saying someone cant handle a car because of their age is pretty ignorant. Ive got more track time in a Z06 and SVT lightning (theyre in teh family) than most. Expierience...not age

Im 20 and finally bought my WRX and im loving it ofcoarse im coming from a 94 ford probe. but still my father owns a 2002 vette and i drive it around when im around. and i still love hopping into my wrx after driving the vette. different driving experience but both are fun nonetheless. i agree about not everyone under 21 sucks. some people it comes more natural than to others but experience is a big key. too bad the insurance companies beleive we all suck until 21 though.

If my dad decides to buy me the STi (hes being very vague), should I take the offer? I want to go to track days and stuff to learn my limits on the STi. Whre can I learn about things like skid control or accident avoidance?

Quote Originally Posted by Atif Farooqi
    If my dad decides to buy me the STi (hes being very vague), should I take the offer? I want to go to track days and stuff to learn my limits on the STi. Whre can I learn about things like skid control or accident avoidance?
    i just replied to your private message...has a link in there that might help. If not...tell me and ill dig up some more stuff

Registered User killthelights14's Avatar
    OKay enough of the bull ****. i am 16 and i just got my 02 wrx and i dont even have my license yet. the car DOES have lots of power. but nothing a starter cant handle. Buy the regular wrx. i believe its more worth then the sti. but the sti IS nicer because of the new design. but i am more then happy with the wrx. its a very fast and reliable car. i am a newbie but believe me you wont be dissapointed with the rex. And yes i can drive it very well. its just a matter if your are a natrual good driver, or if you are a crappy driver period.
    Last edited by killthelights14; 04-02-2005 at 09:38 AM.
    02 wrb wrx stock turbo fmic 26 psi (it can be done)

Im sure youre all right that i wont be disappointed but i dont want to be like if this is the wrx imagine the STi and then be dissatisfied but thats just something i have to work out in my own head.

Registered User killthelights14's Avatar
    well with the sti you will be dissatisfied with the price. why dont you just buy a used porsche if your going to spend 30 grand
    02 wrb wrx stock turbo fmic 26 psi (it can be done)

Quote Originally Posted by killthelights14
    well with the sti you will be dissatisfied with the price. why dont you just buy a used porsche if your going to spend 30 grand
    true very true. why not just get a used C5...

Ive decided to get a used WRX 04 instead of an STi. I could probably put $2000 worth of mods in and gfet it up to par w/ amd STi. It really is easier on the pockets also. Its a better balance to get a WRX b/c it for a beginner its a lower amt of a lot of power, you know what i mean? Im sure Ill be happy with it, if not il force myslef to be happy. Beggars cant be chosers.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.