WRX wagon

This is a discussion on WRX wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I got a 2005 WRX wagon in WR blue a couple weeks ago. I haven't gotten as much of a ...

WRX wagon

I got a 2005 WRX wagon in WR blue a couple weeks ago. I haven't gotten as much of a chance to drive it as I'd like, but I've done almost everything with the car it will be used for. On a traditional two-lane sports car road, it was amazingly responsive and powerful (even observing break-in rules). On the highway, it's plenty quick and comfortable. I had a 1993 Honda Accord automatic before this, so I was a little concerned over commuting in slow traffic, but it's not a big deal. The only thing I haven't done yet is autocross it.

I got the car for $22,500 out the door using http://www.autobytel.com. I'm pretty amazed that this much performance, fun, and practicality were available for such a good price.

Anyone with good advice on a compromise daily driver/autocross suspension setup please feel free to comment. I've already looked a bunch at Big Sky WRX's thread. I'm thinking I'll just start off with a CG lock, a little time in DS, then some kind of rear swaybar. Wheels and tires have to wait just a bit, although I know that's the best way to start.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    well congrats on the car! So you say you've done everything but autocross? What were your 1/4 mile times?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    well congrats on the car! So you say you've done everything but autocross? What were your 1/4 mile times?

Ah, should've clarified... I've done almost everything I intend to do with the car... not really into drag racing. There's some possibility of taking it to a road course.

congrats and welcome to the club
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club... and congrats on your new car !!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome. Glad to hear one of you first mods will be driving school. Best mod in the world is to the one above your shoulders!! In addition to the rear sway, might I suggest some steering rack bushings and shifter bushings. Mucho bang for the buck, but install is a bit of a pain. Nothing that couldn't be done in a half day out out of the garage though.

Cheers
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Congrats and welcome. Glad to hear one of you first mods will be driving school. Best mod in the world is to the one above your shoulders!! In addition to the rear sway, might I suggest some steering rack bushings and shifter bushings. Mucho bang for the buck, but install is a bit of a pain. Nothing that couldn't be done in a half day out out of the garage though.

Cheers
    Yeah, I've been thinking about the shifter bushings, but do the 05's need steering wheel bushings? I thought I read they were corrected for MY04 and beyond... and I do like the feel of the steering. I'll have to see if a driving school is actually available when I am... don't really recall saying for sure I was going to do one... good idea, anyway.
    (OK) (HATW)

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not sure if the bushings were changed or not for the 05. I thought that the steering ratio was a bit tighter, at least for the STi version. I can't say I know for the WRX. You might want to post in the suspension forum with this question as those folks will know.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

An autocross is waay fun in any car. You will love it. Def a big step up from a Honda!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Get to an autocross. It is so much fun.

Like YB said, a rear sway bar will do wonders. Upgrading the wheels/tires and the springs will really change the handling of the car.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.