picking up a 05 wrx soon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on picking up a 05 wrx soon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone, for the past two years i have driven a 91 toyota mr2, and now i am going to ...

picking up a 05 wrx soon

hey everyone, for the past two years i have driven a 91 toyota mr2, and now i am going to lease a wrx, it will be my first turbocharged car, as my mr2 was a NA, (but i am fairly knowledgeable about forced induction) any way, does anyone here lease a wrx, i know everyone is telling me not to, but for financial reasons, this is the only way i can affford a new car. im not really interested in "modding" the car, but one question is can i just do basic bolt-ons, like a downpipe. another question is, at the dealership i was reading the options list, and it said they had a "performance cat-back" from the factory, does anyone have this, and how does it sound, i want the car to sound more sporty, but not really loud.

thanks
    jared

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It will be hard not to want to mod more and more. The cat-back sold by subaru is a bosal, and can be found much cheaper elsewhere. It is a nice, deep sound.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

i lease my 03 wrx wagon and i am very modded..i am lucky to have a very mod friendly dealership

[QUOTE=simple_mr2]hey everyone, for the past two years i have driven a 91 toyota mr2, and now i am going to lease a wrx, it will be my first turbocharged car, as my mr2 was a NA, (but i am fairly knowledgeable about forced induction) any way, does anyone here lease a wrx, i know everyone is telling me not to, but for financial reasons, this is the only way i can affford a new car. im not really interested in "modding" the car, but one question is can i just do basic bolt-ons, like a downpipe. another question is, at the dealership i was reading the options list, and it said they had a "performance cat-back" from the factory, does anyone have this, and how does it sound, i want the car to sound more sporty, but not really loud.

thanks
    jared[/QUOTE

Subaru dealerships tend to be mod friendly. The ones around here are atleast
    " I wasn't racing, I was winning"

Question

Quote Originally Posted by simple_mr2
    hey everyone, for the past two years i have driven a 91 toyota mr2, and now i am going to lease a wrx, it will be my first turbocharged car, as my mr2 was a NA, (but i am fairly knowledgeable about forced induction) any way, does anyone here lease a wrx, i know everyone is telling me not to, but for financial reasons, this is the only way i can affford a new car. im not really interested in "modding" the car, but one question is can i just do basic bolt-ons, like a downpipe. another question is, at the dealership i was reading the options list, and it said they had a "performance cat-back" from the factory, does anyone have this, and how does it sound, i want the car to sound more sporty, but not really loud.

thanks
    jared
    where abouts do you live?

I Support ClubWRX
    If you plan on doing simple mods (like making it breath better) such as TBE and intake, then as long as you are prepared to place the stock pieces back on at the end of the lease, shouldn't be a problem. With the exeption of going to an upgraded turbo, or something that causes a permanent change to the mounts or body, there shouldn't be an issue. I would say going to stage 2 (Cobb) is easily convertable back to stock (with exception of up-pipe...yuck!). Good luck.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Good thing Cobb Stage 2 doesn't require the up pipe!

an intake does not really do much for a wrx with just simple bolt ons. its mostly for bling under the hood and for the sound. i think cobb recommends no intake.
    " I'm a bad man"

i leased my 05 wrx. My dealer doesnt seem to be very mod friendly, but the dealership is over an hour away. I am planning on doing a cobb stage two w/ an uppipe, then at the end of my lease I am going to put everything back to stock. I am going to godspeed for everything so im sure they can make it just like it was before i put the exhaust on. In the end, if the dealership fines me for what i did i will pay, but i dont think they will notice.

Are you leasing because of the cost? If not, I'd recommend not leasing. Overage miles will cost you your first-born and modding can anger dealers. Especially if something goes wrong and you blow a tranny or worse. Anyway I just wanted to pipe in because I have an 04 WRX - the 05 interiors are much nicer - and I guarantee you'll like it. I too had an MR2 - a fully modded 93 turbo - before I got my WRX. I'm happy with it, especially in the winter. I do miss the MR2 though.

Tony

thanks for the info guys, i am from NE ohio, so as long as i replace all the aftermarket parts upon turn in, ill be ok? i didnt know the COBB was that easy to take in and out, i thought that it was more of a "once its in, its in type deal"

thanks to all
    jared

The WRX is a very bolt-on friendly car. Pretty easy to put on and take off all parts.

I would also suggest that you don't go with the factory aftermarket parts. Way too pricey.

Welcome btw!!
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.