Hello there, Im a newbiee!

This is a discussion on Hello there, Im a newbiee! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First of all, I am very new to the subaru world and I needed help. I would love to learn ...

Hello there, Im a newbiee!

First of all, I am very new to the subaru world and I needed help. I would love to learn more about wrx's specifically B'cuz now that I have my dream car, I need some info about pros and cons to maintain my suby. For now, my mods are a 2.5 straight pipe exhaust and apex bov. first, it runned ****ty and then i tuned it so it then runs smooth. my only delema that im having is whenever i gun it, it seems theres a fuel cut or hesistation some sort of thing around 300 rpm. rpm goes down quickly and it jerks and then it goes back to normal driving mode. do u think its the down pipe cuz there is restriction? or the computer, dumping to much fuel. Thnx guys in advance. pardon me for my grammar..
    "It spits enough dirt to burry u in competition"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

first things first, do yourself a favor and get rid of the bov. No sense in running something that's got no benefit as far as longevity of your turbo system goes, or has no performance benefit.

Are you running a downpipe ? It doesn't sound like it. How about uppipe? You said you tuned your car to make it run correctly, what did you use?

Hi BrianH, First of all im a fan of your famous video collection. yes,I have stock dp and up. I was thinking about the cats on dp and up that causes the restriction however, it still doesnt make any sense 4 me cuz removing dp and up and putting a catless will cause more back pressure so it will create more restriction. If i was gonna put an air induction (ie. cold air intake, fancy air intake or no filter at all) it wouldnt help cuz turbo will help to suck more air. Basically, car is running rich bcuz of the bov. Even when i dont have the BOV, there is hesitation but really faint. Do u think its the fuel pressure? map sensor perhaphs? Now, sometimes there is hesitation sometimes not at all, its inconsistent. Actually, It depends on how I launch the car. When i said i tuned the car, I gap the plugs cuz i think the spark is too open so i made it a little closer, change the oil and hesitation still there. i think Bov will make yur turbo last more longer, correct me if im wrong. My idea of bov is, it will make yur turbo stop spoolling at a certain rpm and dumps the air on the atmosphere rather than its always spoolling. Do u think its a good idea to put catless dp,up, keep the bov and do a reflash? (ei.turboxs). My goal is to reach 350 crank hp. Thnx for yur reply and i appreciate it man. ...pardon me again for my english.. thnx ...later julius

Do you have a WRX or a STi ??
    STi is just DP and reflash away from 350 crank HP

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    Do you have a WRX or a STi ??
    STi is just DP and reflash away from 350 crank HP
    no kidding? im going to have to remember that one.
    ~Dayton, OH~
    2005 WRX-STi
    Platinum Silver Metallic

Ive got a wrx impreza. I think dp,up and reflash. I could get away with it. Do u think it will cost more trouble? I took off the Bov, it runned ok now however the hesitation is faint. is it normal for wrx's 2 be like that? i think the stock map forbids it to be like that. thnx for replying, i really appreciate it. ...julius..

Reset the ecu and everything should be back to normal

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by roc2ud_WRX
    no kidding? im going to have to remember that one.
    Yep, that floored me the first time I read it, too.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Yep, that floored me the first time I read it, too.

get an u/p and d/p and do sum sort of flash and dump the bov unless you get it tuned for the bov
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?