newbie questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on newbie questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys i have some very newbie questions about my new car just hoping you guy could answer them for ...

newbie questions

hey guys i have some very newbie questions about my new car just hoping you guy could answer them for me. thanks.
    1 when buying aftermarket wheels our lug pattern is 5x100 ? with what offset?
    2 just out of curiousity what does WRX mean?
    3 someone had told me that mobil 1 synthetic burns oil in our car is this correct? should i use AMS or is mobil 1 fine
    4 how many quarts of oil does she take?
    thanks for putting up with the newbie questions just trying to get more familiar with my car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome,

You will enjoy the club. I'll try to answer a few of your questions.

The WRX takes 5 (five) quarts of oil.

My car burns a little Mobil 1 synthetic oil 5W30. I don't know about any other brands.
    Better Vision = Better Driving

Quote Originally Posted by Deke
    hey guys i have some very newbie questions about my new car just hoping you guy could answer them for me. thanks.
    1 when buying aftermarket wheels our lug pattern is 5x100 ? with what offset?
    2 just out of curiousity what does WRX mean?
    3 someone had told me that mobil 1 synthetic burns oil in our car is this correct? should i use AMS or is mobil 1 fine
    4 how many quarts of oil does she take?
    thanks for putting up with the newbie questions just trying to get more familiar with my car
    1. dunno
    2. world rally xtreme (me tinks)
    3. our car burns a little bit of any oil that's put in the car
    4. 4.8 to be exact

thanks a lot for the answers guys. its much appreciated

I have always woundered what WRX ment also, could it be world rally and the X is for cross?

Eric

Registered User silver_rex_4eat's Avatar

i believe the x is for

experimental
    Eibach pro kit, Progress adjustable rear sway bar, helix spherical endlinks, noltec steering rack bushing, 17x7.5 bronze rota tarmac 2 wrapped 225/45/17 yokohama avs es 100, racing brake front rotors, carbotech bobcats front pads, goodrigde ss brake lines, turbo xs axle back, turbo xs type h bov, silencer removal, k and n panel filter, painted blue calipers, and optimum blue top battery, sylvania silverstar headlights and rally lights.

Acronyms...

Good info...

I think its normal for turbo cars to burn oil.

wrx=world rally expirimental? i wouldve bet my eyes that it meant world rally cross. ..and then id be blind.
    2000 2.5RS I <3 JDM IH8M

yea so is it experimental? i always wanted to know never knew if it was world rally extreme? excitement? haha exhillirating or just extra cool hahaha anyway thanks for all the info more opinions would be great

I Support ClubWRX
    "X" seems to be a universal initial to signify AWD in the automotive world, as well. For example, the BMW 330xi and the Infiniti G35x. If I were betting, I'd bet on that, or on World Rally Cross. "Experimental" seems kinda silly for a car that's based on technologies that aren't exactly brand new.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

ahh good call i forgot about the x resembling awd.

the x for awd may make sense...

But ive been on these boards for a while now and experimental always came up. If you look at that website for acronyms you will see it is world rally experimental. Just like the subaru SVX that stood for special vehicle experimental. But i could be wrong. That is what i was always told and that link to the website for acronyms also says that.

chris
    Eibach pro kit, Progress adjustable rear sway bar, helix spherical endlinks, noltec steering rack bushing, 17x7.5 bronze rota tarmac 2 wrapped 225/45/17 yokohama avs es 100, racing brake front rotors, carbotech bobcats front pads, goodrigde ss brake lines, turbo xs axle back, turbo xs type h bov, silencer removal, k and n panel filter, painted blue calipers, and optimum blue top battery, sylvania silverstar headlights and rally lights.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_rex_4eat
    But ive been on these boards for a while now and experimental always came up. If you look at that website for acronyms you will see it is world rally experimental. Just like the subaru SVX that stood for special vehicle experimental. But i could be wrong. That is what i was always told and that link to the website for acronyms also says that.
    Yeah, I can point you to a website that claims that the Arnold Schwartzenegger is the AntiChrist, too, but that doesn't make it true.

(We all know that we have the AndyChrist right here at ClubWRX...)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

why the sarcasm...

do you know for sure. The only authority for sure that anyone can agree on that will tell us is subar u them selves since it is there car. OTher than that every website is heresy.

ps the honda civic crx isnt awd is it?

chris

well both have great points who wants to to some hardcore research???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast