New to the forums

This is a discussion on New to the forums within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone i just started here today and im thinking about buying a new wrx in bout a month.. my ...

New to the forums

hey everyone i just started here today and im thinking about buying a new wrx in bout a month..

my first question is, i searched but found nothing. will the sti spoiler fit the wrx trunk lid?

second i read today on spd that there many basic mods that you find on other cars such a bov, or fmic dont really benifit the wrx.. what are some good basic mods?

thanks for your help and i look foreward to buying a wrx next month

also how is the overall quality of this car, can it hand daily use abuse as well as a little hard driving if i plan to mod it
    Last edited by WRXfan05; 03-21-2005 at 08:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the club. your info is a little off cus a wrx can benefit from a FMIC. about the mods tho there are many "stickies" you need to check out. and i dont think u can just swap spoilers, i think the lids need to be swapped but a few peeps want a smaller wrx wing and get rid of teh gigantasaurus STi wing (personally i like it but w/e)
    2000 2.5RS I <3 JDM IH8M

welcome to the club
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Hi & welcome it's possible to fit the STi spoiler to your trunk lid but you will have to drill extra holes so it will fit
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXfan05
    hey everyone i just started here today and im thinking about buying a new wrx in bout a month..
    Welcome!!

my first question is, i searched but found nothing. will the sti spoiler fit the wrx trunk lid?
    Technically you can mount an STi spoiler on your truck. There are 16 or 17 bolts that hold the spoiler on so it will be a lot of drilling. There are STi owners who are not fond of the wing and are willing to swap trunks. There is a thread in exterior specifically for this purpose. It is 10x easier to just change the springs and lock than drilling tons of holes.

second i read today on spd that there many basic mods that you find on other cars such a bov, or fmic dont really benifit the wrx.. what are some good basic mods?
    The WRX benefits from all the mods you have mentioned. It is all a matter of timing. You will not get much from a FMIC on a stock turbo. Get an 18G and that is a different story. Same the the BOV. The stocker is a great unit and you really don't need or benefit from one performance-wise until you are pushing over 18psi.

thanks for your help and i look foreward to buying a wrx next month

also how is the overall quality of this car, can it hand daily use abuse as well as a little hard driving if i plan to mod it
    Buy it and mod it. You will be very happy. Start to worry when you are pushing over 300whp.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Buy It!!!

HoLa!!! Im also new at the WRX club. Just buy the car and dont worry about the mods worry about people drooling at it.I thought for a week before i got mine and let me tell you it's well worth it!!! Comprende?

good point subbyrex....im liking the sti extension kit as well...i think ill buy one in white