New Scooby owner...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Scooby owner... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to say hello! I've been searching alot on this forum and have found a great wealth of info. ...

New Scooby owner...

Just wanted to say hello! I've been searching alot on this forum and have found a great wealth of info. so I decided to join. i am the proud owner of a 2003 WRX. I knew the lady that owned the car before me and i'm hoping that these motors/cars can take some mild abuse (spilled coffee, driving on a cold engine, not letting it cool down, missed oil changes, etc.). Its got ~40k on the clock and after an oil change and some TLC it runs pretty flawlessly.
    I'd like to say from the get go that i'm not shooting for x amount of power or x in the 1/4 or anything like that. I'm just gonna try and make the car a little funner to drive, maybe do some SCCA stuff... who knows.
    I look forward to learning and contributing...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club. Have fun modding your Rex.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

welcome to the club
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

and so it begins...

Today I started on what I'm hoping will be a pleasant journey: Modifying the WRX. Today I dropped a sloppy wad of cash on my first real mods: a B&M STS, a 3" cat-back (can't remember who its made by... got it through CDOC), new tires (nothing special but the stockers where little worn out), and some Redline fluids: Oil, diff. and tranny fluid.
    Next on the list is a a/f gauge (i already have an EGT gauge, just not installed) and a cluster gauge pod.
    I'm torn though about wether i should get a header/up-pipe, DP/midpipe, or address the suspension (i was thinking Prodrive springs)... my funds are limited.
    I did have one quick question though: i know them you remove the 3rd cat the check engine light comes on, but does this effect drivability? all the tutorials on A/F gauge installs seem to use the 3rd o2 so i was just wondering...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!!! And congratulations on having a bug eye model WRX. The best looking IMHO. Have fun modding it.

Hi & Welcome & congrats on your 03
    Pete.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club... enjoy
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.