From RX-8 to the WRX AHHHHHHHHH
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on From RX-8 to the WRX AHHHHHHHHH within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I feel so liberated now that the 8 is gone. I have never owned such an unreliable car before. I ...

From RX-8 to the WRX AHHHHHHHHH

I feel so liberated now that the 8 is gone. I have never owned such an unreliable car before. I could go on for ever but I won't Anyway, I just bought a 05 black WRX. I love it! Any suggestions on some good power upgrades. I thought of doing a titanium turbo back exhaust as my first mod. Good idea? I heard magnaflows, and it sounded awesome, but I'm not used to that can design. I don't want anything too ricey, but has a nice solid sound that doesn't pop too much. BTW, I have also looked/listened to the post with the different exhaust sounds. Basically I've done the search, and I'm curious what your advice is. Great site, and everyone seems friendy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I forgot to ask. I saw somewhere on this site where a guy had what looked to be extensions put between the stock spoiler and the trunk. I think it raised it about 4-5"? Can you tell me how I can get those. Thanks again

Pics of the old 8. I only did clear corners, intake, cat back, and a wing because it never seemed worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2004_02102car0025.JPG   2004_02102car0017.JPG  

Cancel the first mod question, I just found some great posts on it. I'm still curious about the wing.

Unless you are going to the track, you dont need to save the 5-10 pounds with the Magnaflow Ti. Go with the look and sound you like best, but dont buy an off brand one, Borla, Magnaflow, Perrin, Tanabe, DC Sports, Blitz, RS-R if you want the best!, Fujitsubo if you want to waste your money, Billy Boat is a good one pricey, Apexi is hit or miss, Greddy of course, 5 Zigen, and everyone else I consider an off brand unless there is some Japanese or Korean Racing one I forgot or dont know about! Bosal comes on the damn thing. I myself did mad homework on this, I went with the RS-R Ex Mag GT2 Stainless Downpipe with Ex Mag GT2 Catback. Awesome sound, loud, deep, not pingy, nice rumble at idle. Sounds like a V8. Not version 8, like 8 cylinder non horizontally opposed type guys, haha. But with the double tap of the unequal length manifold it sounds awesome! The pipe is the sized of my arm the whole way back to the canister! Now my setup is "for offroad use only" and all that jazz. So you need some kind of cell fix and/ or mechanical fix for the O2 sensor as there is only a precat left on the uppipe. and not for long either. I used both a HKS cellfix and an O2 spacer. I feel lke a broken record today, this is the second time i have written this in the past 2 hours. Personal Preferance man, that will do it!
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

Thanks for the pics. I think I'll leave it alone

Hey there. Im almost in the same situation as you except backwards. I used to have a WRX then went to a 350Z, then Xterra now have an RX8.

I agree with you that it has a lot of problems. I plan on going back to a suby (prob STi this time) and sticking with subarus 4LIFE! It is a nice car though Ill have to admit that but has a lot of flaws.

hi! i did the exact same thing as you did! went from RX8 to WRX. best thing i have ever done. my reasons were different from yours though! glad to see RX8 owners come to the AWD side!

i changed sides like 3 weeks ago and havent looked back. i am so happy going into my garage and see my rex ready to go out and play!

The very first day I owned the 8, I broke down 35 miles from my house in BFE. I'm VERY happy now. Did you guys join the rx8club too?

Sure did. My 8 has refused to start up on 3-4 accastions.

yeah i migrated over from www.rx8club.com

i met some really cool people in my area. i was gonna go on a cruise with them on saturday but im on standby for deployment oh well maybe this summer!

I really love the 8's style, I just hope Mazda can fix some of it's problems...

Welcome aboard though, guys.

Before I bought my STi, I thought about getting the RX8. It drives so well and I love the interior. Even after I own an STi (I love it to death), I still can't help but to whip my head toward the direction of the RX8. Its a beautiful car. What problems were associated with the RX8?

-WRXSTiGirl
    2005 WRB STi
    Sparco Harness Bar
    Sparco 5-pt Harness with Camlock
    Sparco Camera Mount
    Sparco Extinguisher Mount
    STI FHI Titanium Front Strut Bar
    STI V-limited Front Lip
    Clear Headlights
    Turbo XS RFL-Ti Turbo Back with Titanium Tip

well then STiGirl wanna trade

Hm...let me think, Rotary or Turbo-charged? Hmm tough pick ...I'd like to take the 300hp please.

-WRXSTiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MindTrip
    well then STiGirl wanna trade
    2005 WRB STi
    Sparco Harness Bar
    Sparco 5-pt Harness with Camlock
    Sparco Camera Mount
    Sparco Extinguisher Mount
    STI FHI Titanium Front Strut Bar
    STI V-limited Front Lip
    Clear Headlights
    Turbo XS RFL-Ti Turbo Back with Titanium Tip