Subaru apprentice tech. new member

This is a discussion on Subaru apprentice tech. new member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 6 months ago had the choice between VW and Subaru to finish my apprenticeship. I've always been more comfortable with ...

Subaru apprentice tech. new member

6 months ago had the choice between VW and Subaru to finish my apprenticeship. I've always been more comfortable with Japanese cars so I chose Subaru. So far I've made the right choice.
    I've never owned a subaru, I've owned four Datsun z cars and have always been rwd biased. But rwd cars suck in Northern Canada so I might convert.
    Hopefully I can learn something from this sight

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the site. if you need info on something or just curious you have come to the right place.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

welcome to the club...you will learn alot here
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!!!

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello..

Welcome
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Hi.welcome.....!
    If you ever head south, i have lots of things for you to "practice" on my car!

ACD

Welcome!

It's great to have a professional tech on the site.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Welcome!
    It's all about the mountain twisties, biyotch~

whats up this is a good site i've just joined to, do you have any ASE certifications? Are you fresh out of school? It's nice to have some people who want to get into the repair business. Most of the shops aound here all have older guys working my Nissan shop has 5 techs and i'm the youngest at 22 the freaking guy who does our oil changes is 25 lol. I have 4 ase's (Brakes, Suspension, Engine, and drivetrain) pain in the ass those were to get.

It's bad tho i will bet you money that you will never buy a Subaru car. I have been working for nissan for over a year now and i owned a maxima and 300z and a 280 and let me tell you i will never ever buy a car from nissan. You work on them for 8 hours straight the last thing you want to do is drive home in one cause you know to much about them. It's depresing lol one reason why i never went to work for subaru cause i always wanted one.
    Last edited by 1968OldsMan; 03-18-2005 at 08:16 PM.
    ASE Certified tech. Nissan Master Certified

2003 WRB Auto Wingless Wrx Turbo Timer
    Perrin Short Intake, Downpipe And CatBack. Waiting on the weather for install to cold.

1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Convertable 355Ci 423rwhp 593 ft/lbs tq Nice little play toy

good to have another 2 techs on here...

btw my bro had a 76 olds cutlass with some mods similar to yours....those are nice cars Put some pics up of it, im sure he would love to see a 68

Talking

ASE's ?

They are probably called something different up here. I spent two years at BCIT in automotive mechanics and automitve elctronics for the second term.

The only car I would want right now is a Subaru. After 7 motnhs as a full time tech. I've seen quite a bit and it's all been good. They are quite sophisticated cars but at the same time are very simple and easy to work on. Up here we get alot of snow and it gets down to -40c ussually for a couple weeks in the winter. These cars are sweet in the snow and can definitely hold their own in the cold (you still need a block heater). I've had my eye on a couple 2.5 rs's but we will have to see when the pocketbook allows me to purchase one.

Anyways thanks for the welcome I'll see youall around

Hi & Welcome to the Club
    Pete.