Greetings from Minnesota

This is a discussion on Greetings from Minnesota within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, I have not bought a WRX yet but I plan on doing so shortly. I want to learn ...

Cool Greetings from Minnesota

Hello everyone,
    I have not bought a WRX yet but I plan on doing so shortly. I want to learn as much about the WRX before I buy one so I know what mods to perform when I get it.

One question I have is would there much of a performance penalty if I decided to buy the wagon instead of the sedan?

Thanks in advance for all I will learn on this forum,
    Mnsubie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I used to have a gixxer just like that waay back in the day! I loved it. It was my first sportbike. I then moved to a 99 ZX-7R. Whew, I miss them. Sorry, Welcome, lots of info here to learn, and you will love the AWD seeing where you are from. There is a thread somewhere on here about WRX who used to own bikes. Have fun!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

welcome to the club
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Thanks for the welcome,

I am really looking forward to learning as much as I can about the WRX and Sti's as I am pretty new to japanese cars. I am familar with domestic V-8's and diesels so I have a lot too learn, some of what I have read so far seems kind of Greek to me but I am starting to catch on.

Thanks for noticing the bike but I may be selling it to help pay for the mods on the Subie when I get it ( I was just getting ready to have a 907 big bore kit installed and then the Subaru bug hit ).

I was looking at buying a SRT-4 because I was under the impression they were alot cheaper than the WRX's but I found that to be untrue and you can't beat AWD for traction. One more thing that I noticed is the high level of respect that you WRX/Sti and SRT-4 guys have for each other, I think that is extremely cool

See ya,
    MnSubie

Welcome to the club. If you are interested in local events or meets check out the regional section on this board or check out mnsubaru.com or mnsportcompacts.net Good luck with your purchase.
    Josh
    '04 WRX
    PM me about Porting and Polishing!
    www.grimmspeed.com
    www.mnsubaru.com

There is no performance penalty... I have a modded wagon and love it... perfect sleeper!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Cool, I have a Wolf-hybrid and a couple of huskies that sometimes accompany me and it would be nice to not have to load them in my Surburban, now if I can just keep them from hitting the back window when I step on it.