Im New, and have pics
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Im New, and have pics within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, im new to this forum, but not new to forums. I am active member and moderater on BMW-forums, and ...

Im New, and have pics

Hi, im new to this forum, but not new to forums. I am active member and moderater on BMW-forums, and i used to own an 1989 BMW 325iS with nice Ronal LS rims, and 5spd tranny.

Little backround on me:

I am quite the canyon driver, and am very fluent in driving lots, my dad is certified BMWCCA instructor for the track, and i get lessons about 3 times a month in the canyons around me, and not to brag(but i hate people gettting the wrong impression), but i can drive pretty f'ing quick, i can get to the beach in just about 6 and a half minutes at night with somewhat fresh tires, in what takes people about 11 minutes when they are 'pushing it'.

How i fit in here:

I was forced to sell me E30, and found that the subaru chassis was the next best bet for the money, and for the entertainment ofcourse, although i wanted a WRX, the insurance was too big(due to the turbo), and because i had to lease something, i wanted the best i could get for under 250$ a month, and no more then 3k$ down. I ended up getting a Saab 9-2x Linear, its the Impereza wagon chassis with the 2.5L RS engine, and its very capable, i love it.

I know its no Soob brand car, but it is about 95% soob, except for some interior changes and front fender changes. Anyways, without further ado, here are some pics, and i plan on doing 17x7.5 Rota Torque in Flat black wrapped in 225/45-17 Kuhmo 711's(i love the sidewall, i had my E30 for 1 year and 2 months, and went through 5 sets of tires down till the wire, so sidewalls mean a lot to me, and the Kuhmo's have it). and some HR Springs to drop it nicely and add some good tension and stiffness, along with some 5% tint all around, i think my saabaru will come out nicely(considering i cant do any perf stuff, i will have to stick with just appearance), and also, i have a nice Magnaflow exhaust.

pics:

went offroading...

also, you might wanna check out my website, its got pics of my old BMW, and has lots of tight canyon driving videos i think you guys would actually really like, the link at the bottom has some good stuff in it
    my webstie

lemme know what you guys think.

lata
    -dan
    sticky-Flo.com
    Proud Member of the "Ran From a Cop and Got Away" Club(x6)
    Mods:Special Tint that adds 45hp to each wheel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Word-G
    Not so stock now... muhaha!!!
    (The token wagon at every meet.)
    eBacchus.com

Oh yeah... this guy is pretty f-ing quick. He can loose me on Decker!
    Not so stock now... muhaha!!!
    (The token wagon at every meet.)
    eBacchus.com

welcome to the club!

while it's not a WRX, you certainly did chose the right club. we have an ever growing member base of 9-2 owners.

I'm a BMW fan myself, and have been for a very long time. the first stick i ever drove was a BMW 325is. i was young, but instanly fell in love. you won't be alone here. many of us either came from, or graduated to the BMW world.

sorry you missed out on the turbo, we tend to talk mostly F/I here, but you'll find some good info on suspension and brakes (if they match up), and enjoy the general automotive fanaticism of ClubWRX.net. We have more of an appreciation for all cars than most specifically oriented online forums.

again, welcome.

dR

thanks for the welcome, and yes, i can own WhatTheHulk badly...hhaah.

I know most of the talk is f/i, which should be know problem, because i know very little on it, and thereis nothing wrong with trying to learn a few more tricks of the trade.

late

-dan
    sticky-Flo.com

nice wrx wagon.... oh im sorry nice saab. cant even tell the difference anymore.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

welcome to the club
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Welcome to the club! Tell other 9-2x's to join as well.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

that last two pics showing you after your offroading look like a dented fender . probaby not but looks like. i know how offroading can have that effect.
    2000 2.5RS I <3 JDM IH8M

Nice choice of tire. I love the Kumho feel because they are so stiff and responsive. I wore the MX all summer, burned them down to wire too

Great looking car too, really like the look of the saab front end. Welcome!

~Tim

What an intro! And wit pics too. Welcome to the club, i think we all have love for our little bit more refined brother the saab.

Those Saabaru's are really nice cars!

welcome
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

THanks for the welcome, everyone here seems well chill and not arrogant, which is tight, if any of you guys live in Socal near Malibu, lemme know so we can canyon it up, ive had the car for about 3 weeks past the break in miles, and ive already rotated the tires...
    sticky-Flo.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.