Greetings all :) No Subaru yet :(
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Greetings all :) No Subaru yet :( within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just thought I'd say howdy everybody Though I haven't really posted at all, I've been on here for a ...

Cool Greetings all :) No Subaru yet :(

I just thought I'd say howdy everybody Though I haven't really posted at all, I've been on here for a little while, mainly reading up on the WRX and what not. With a baby on the way I'm looking at cars that could tote 2.5 people around somewhat easily, and I came across the Impreza. I overlooked the RS almost completely, and I'm still trying to learn some of the jargon (UTEC, COBB, etc. ) on the turboed cars. My current vehicle is a '91 GMC Sonoma, and if I do get a 'Ru I may or may not keep it so I can haul stuff. Seeing that I'm money-limited (aka sucky part time job) I won't be able to purchase one as of yet. I am however reading up quite a bit on the little cracker-jack box car that could I'm one of the many that have fallen in love with the bugeye style (OBS Neon on steroids?), and will most likely buy an '02 or '03, possibly an STi if the price is right. I test drove my very first one today (WRX, it's VERY likely I won't buy that one), and I loved it. Having never driven a turboed car (being a manual tranny one at that), I never knew what the hype was behind the "turbo rush" effect, 'til I drove it I wanted to really get into it, but where I was drivin' it (for SE Michiganders it was **** Scott Dodge in Plymoth) traffic was so heavy I could only get about halfway through 2nd. I did take it on the expressway, and I was fairly imprezed at how stable it felt at expressway speeds (and above ) I think that after I get a job (or supplemental to the one I have) and after I have all my living arrangements sorted out I'll definitely get one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club!

I hope everything works out with the family, job and car.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!!!

I bid you thanks for the welcome

Welcome
    Pete.

Welcome to the club! I was on here for about 9 months before I bought a WRX. This site is full of good info.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

welcome
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.