New to the wrx scene
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New to the wrx scene within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I Just got my 04 wrx sti last week or so. Im 16 years old so i cant really drive ...

New to the wrx scene

I Just got my 04 wrx sti last week or so. Im 16 years old so i cant really drive that offen unless some one is 21. But the car is also. Looking for exhuast(cat back). So if you guys know any good ones let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

please tell me u have a STi with your learners permit
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

haha... 16 with an STi... I'm 16 and all i gotta say is wow. You're lucky... and um, drive safe

yeah im on the learners permit. But i turn 17 in like 6 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sti 1.bmp   sti 2.bmp  
    Last edited by wanabejdm; 03-01-2005 at 06:08 PM.

And i thought i had it good!

I Support ClubWRX
    Dont flame guys...i'm sure JR has paid for the whole car and insurance. If you asked I'm sure he even plans on paying for maintance and gas. He's a smart kid he has even set money aside for some Basic bolt on's. This kid knows that 300 hp isnt enough for someone that cant drive by themselfs.....he needs mods.

Here's a little bit of real advice...have whoever paid for that thing invest a grand or so in your life (and a few other people) and take a driving training course....not a DMV one either but like a 3 day weekend 2 day class one day track class.....you'll learn alot.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    Dont flame guys...i'm sure JR has paid for the whole car and insurance. If you asked I'm sure he even plans on paying for maintance and gas. He's a smart kid he has even set money aside for some Basic bolt on's. This kid knows that 300 hp isnt enough for someone that cant drive by themselfs.....he needs mods.

Here's a little bit of real advice...have whoever paid for that thing invest a grand or so in your life (and a few other people) and take a driving training course....not a DMV one either but like a 3 day weekend 2 day class one day track class.....you'll learn alot.

I agree with the course, not only will you learn to drive better but you'll learn the limits of your new car and how it responds in different situations. I think this should be a pre-req with all drivers & new cars no matter the age.

Registered User spyderpaint2004's Avatar
    +1 for driving school. i personally want to do it jsut to be a better driver, but money prevails.

congrats on the STi, be gentle to her tho, i know my first car i beat the piss outta it b/c i was a noob driver and blew my tranny in 8 months. granted it wasnt new or strong, but just be warry of everything around u. GL with it and congrats
    "you need to ask yourself, do you NEED this car? Of course not. Then you need to ask yourself can you picture yourself driving this car? OF COURSE!"

actully i do pay for insurence, its under my dad's name and i have to pay 3,500 a year. Thats with no tickets and such. Also i do pay for gas b/c i always have to go there at least once a week- 2 weeks. Adn i payed for half the car. Well not half but i put about 10,000. Which is hard earned money from workin at stop and shop. I still own about 2,800 to my parents to make it a 12,000 b/c we got the car for 24,000 and change.

Welcome and congrats on the new car.

Regarding your exhaust question, go to the Engine Performance fourm and look at the sticky there. There is tons of great info on exhausts.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

welcome and enjoy the sti
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by spyderpaint2004
    +1 for driving school. i personally want to do it jsut to be a better driver, but money prevails.

congrats on the STi, be gentle to her tho, i know my first car i beat the piss outta it b/c i was a noob driver and blew my tranny in 8 months. granted it wasnt new or strong, but just be warry of everything around u. GL with it and congrats

driving school does wonders

Where is a driving school in new jersey anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by wanabejdm
    Where is a driving school in new jersey anyone know?
    im looking for a good one also.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

also do i have to be 17 or can i do it on my permit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast