Need help learning - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Need help learning within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Atif Farooqi So the hole where the silencer once went should be left open once i remove ...

Quote Originally Posted by Atif Farooqi
    So the hole where the silencer once went should be left open once i remove the silencer? Will the scoop hose lead directly to the silencer?
    Yes and yes. heres a pic of mine for reference. in the first one, you can kind of see the hole where air gets into the airbox. In the second one, you can compare yours and see where the ram air scoop is gone and the hole in the fender (where it attached to the silencer) is taped up. these should help a lot.

edit sorry for the big pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0071resize.JPG   IMG_0072resize.JPG  
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thank you so much. You have no ides how much it means to me that you took the time to help me. others just flare up quick and get *****y. And notice youre the only one who replied for the last like 5 posts. and just so you know, I don't have my STi just yet, but this is the first thing I plan on doing when I get it. I just wanted to be prepared for when I do get it. I have see nthe scoop before though. Thank you so much and I hope you can help me again.

They star words out? Interesting.

Atif, if you're really serious about learning about cars, one of the best ways is to take a course. Most community colleges offer automotive technology courses, and certain high schools have programs that allow you to take classes at community colleges for high school elective credit. If that isn't an option for you, then I recommend checking out books from the library on the basics of how internal combustion engines work. Another good source is www.howstuffworks.com, I highly recommend the write up on turbochargers and transmissions. My sister is 15-years old, and knows very little about cars, but she wanted to know how a turbo works so I had her read that, and now she understands. Aside from that, hands on experience is priceless. Try to meet up with other Suby drivers in your area and watch/help them install parts. Check the regional forums here and on NASIOC, and I-Club. Usually different regions all stick to one forum, and I think most of the east coasters post on NASIOC.

yes it would be great to learn about cars before you start tearing into them. you dont want your rex in pieces and dont know what u are doing LOL!

www.howstuffworks.com will teach u everything from camshafts, turbos, to tranny's. it even has flash movies showing how they work too. i love this website! i learned how to pick locks off this website!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12