My family fleet of cars....... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My family fleet of cars....... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by scubee Thanks for the suggestions. My 05' came with painted sideskirts from the factory which is good. ...

Quote Originally Posted by scubee
    Thanks for the suggestions.

My 05' came with painted sideskirts from the factory which is good. I already added 17" wheels and tires. They swaybar would be good to do so I don't have so much understeer. All though I think it needs tint and a good set of springs for now. just to give it the aggressive look.

the springs will help highway driving stability too, and help with turn in and bodyroll. . don't go too low. the stock struts will go very quickly. i'd suggest prodrive or eibach, or some STi takeoffs if you can get them young.

the uppipe and downpipe will eliminate some lag, lower egts, and add a good 25+ awhp peak (conservatively). great starting mods, and they pave the way for anything else you're going to do.

you're in good shape though! got any pics of the wheels?

dR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    the uppipe and downpipe will eliminate some lag, lower egts, and add a good 25+ awhp peak (conservatively).
    Wish my up/dp had added 25awhp...

edit:not that I have any proof or anything, but the butt dyno didn't feel like 25hp
    Last edited by 240kph; 02-24-2005 at 02:44 PM.
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

Quote Originally Posted by 240kph
    Wish my up/dp had added 25awhp...
    there are dyno charts on nasioc of the JDM uppipe, bosal DP, and stock third cat with prodrive cat back at 200awhp on either a dynapack or a dyno dynamics. although i think he had samco's too, i doubt they added anything substantial.

there are also dyno charts here from KTR (dyno dynamics) with wagons over 200 w/ the stock third cat, stock catback and an A/P (which is conservative tuned anyways) that's 40whp stock DD is 160 at the wheels).

so to you.

i'm not making anything up.

dR

[edited: speeling]

Just did a search on the subject, I retract statement. There's a lot of people saying the same thing. Maybe the butt dyno lied? (It's been known to happen) Anyways, my bad...
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

Quote Originally Posted by 240kph
    Just did a search on the subject, I retract statement. There's a lot of people saying the same thing. Maybe the butt dyno lied? (It's been known to happen) Anyways, my bad...
    two things, one, it's a much smoother power curve (i thought) so it's deceiving. two, it takes a couple weeks for the ECU to really pick up the new flow, so it's harder to realize b/c it's not an instant change.

plus, you get used to ever mod after a few weeks, and the car feels slow again. that's why modding should be illegal.

dR

Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    the springs will help highway driving stability too, and help with turn in and bodyroll. . don't go too low. the stock struts will go very quickly. i'd suggest prodrive or eibach, or some STi takeoffs if you can get them young.

the uppipe and downpipe will eliminate some lag, lower egts, and add a good 25+ awhp peak (conservatively). great starting mods, and they pave the way for anything else you're going to do.

you're in good shape though! got any pics of the wheels?

dR
    Yeah, I don't want to slam it but I do want to eliminate the wheel gap to maybe 1/2in. to 1in. rather than 4in or so.. You know big ol' gap. I will look into those springs soon. I think I may go ECUTEK first then the other things after.

I will try to get my wheels on here soon. My comp. wasn't happy with that pic so I'll try later.

Thanks
    Other car's I had:
    93' Camaro Z28, 95' Eclipse GS, 92' Integra GS, 91' MR2 Turbo, 00' Civic SI, 89' CRX SI, 97' Accord EX V6 (Totalled), 97' Wrangler 4x4, 91' Talon TSI AWD (Blown motor), 96' 240sx KA-Turbo, 96' 300ZX TT, 05' WRX, 05' STI (Totalled), 05' STI, and 92' SC400
    Still in the Family: 05' STI (Wife's Car), 92' SC400.

Here some where you can see the wheels.
    Other car's I had:
    93' Camaro Z28, 95' Eclipse GS, 92' Integra GS, 91' MR2 Turbo, 00' Civic SI, 89' CRX SI, 97' Accord EX V6 (Totalled), 97' Wrangler 4x4, 91' Talon TSI AWD (Blown motor), 96' 240sx KA-Turbo, 96' 300ZX TT, 05' WRX, 05' STI (Totalled), 05' STI, and 92' SC400
    Still in the Family: 05' STI (Wife's Car), 92' SC400.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.