Found STi, now need info quick
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Found STi, now need info quick within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys i have happened to run across a Great deal on an STI im going to call the guy, ...

Found STi, now need info quick

hey guys i have happened to run across a Great deal on an STI im going to call the guy, it has 4.700 miles i was going to ask you guys if since its a great price, should i wonder if its been beat up on and does the STI trans hold up even with rough driving better than the wrx? i dont know if its a good deal or if its nice on outside and about to bust on inside. what do i do? thanks for help if its legit i need info quick thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so what's that good price???
    STi is generally more "driver resistant" than WRX, especially the tranny.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

go look at the car...see if he took good care about it and ask him some questions about why he is selling the car and ask if he kept all reciepts for the vehicle and if theres a warranty still on the car...then see if you can take it for a drive and see how it goes...if the car seems to be driving well, id say go for it
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

The STi has a great tranny. I don't think you need to worry about that.

So what's the deal you got?
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

ok heres the deal but it almost seems to good to be true its 17500 it has the aps front mount intercooler aps BOV a turboback exhaust and accessport ecu reflash and sway bars i think. so the motor can stand up to these mods? it has 4700 miles i dunno it seems to good to be true. im calling the guy and left a message on his phone we'll see if its actually for real. if it is and it seems to drive ok and evferything im buying it asap so anyway ill let you know if its for real but any more comments will be appreciated

you didnt find this deal online did you>?

thats way too good a price and i am going to call BS on the seller right now.

be careful.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    you didnt find this deal online did you>?

thats way too good a price and i am going to call BS on the seller right now.

be careful.
    I'm with Gus on this one. Be careful. This seems too good to be true. I bought my used STi with ~10k miles for $25.7 and that was a good deal.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I havent gotten my STi yet but i saw this guy online selling his 04 for 14000 in brooklyn. he told someone else hes in Washington. With such low mileage the STi shouldn't go under $20000, then again he could be desperate to get it off of his hands.

yea, im starting to think its a fraud. ive been trying to get ahold of him and it goes straight to a voicemail system all day. it makes me so mad at these frauds just last summer i saw a supra for sale that happened to be a fraud after i was in contact with him for a long time and got a loan approval i found out i hate people! well anyway thanks for the help guys

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd run from that crap. Look for a different one and don't get burned.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I'd run from that crap. Look for a different one and don't get burned.
    +1
    -Brian

yea it was a fraud but i found a wrx 30k red with no mods no spoiler 16690 and 5 year 60000 warranty i test drover her today seemed very very strong. im going back tommorrow hopefully coming home with a rex, no sti but hey. thanks guys maybe ill see ya tommorrow!!! im so excited

Good luck man!
    2.5i's are gutless

AWD is like a sore pecker; you can't beat it.

LUCKY!

Quote Originally Posted by Deke
    yea it was a fraud but i found a wrx 30k red with no mods no spoiler 16690 and 5 year 60000 warranty i test drover her today seemed very very strong. im going back tommorrow hopefully coming home with a rex, no sti but hey. thanks guys maybe ill see ya tommorrow!!! im so excited
    good luck
    WRX is still hell of a car
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Hm....I'm a little skeptical on the pricing. I have 4350 miles on it now and I bought my brand new 2005 STi in July 2004 for $32,500. And even if it is "used", the pricing shouldn't be "that" low unless there was something particularly wrong with the vehicle. I would estimate that a STi with 4700 miles on it being at least above $30k -- I'm saying this because there are owners out there that have even 20,000 miles on their car and they're asking for at least ~$27k. So if I were you, I'd be careful. Good luck!

-WRXSTiGirl
    2005 WRB STi
    Sparco Harness Bar
    Sparco 5-pt Harness with Camlock
    Sparco Camera Mount
    Sparco Extinguisher Mount
    STI FHI Titanium Front Strut Bar
    STI V-limited Front Lip
    Clear Headlights
    Turbo XS RFL-Ti Turbo Back with Titanium Tip

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.