That New Car scent
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on That New Car scent within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought a car it is a 1992 but I am excited and I was wondering if anyone knows ...

Question That New Car scent

I just bought a car it is a 1992 but I am excited and I was wondering if anyone knows how I could get that fresh new car scent. The air freshners I have bought are a big joke smell nothing like a new car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lil C
    I just bought a car it is a 1992 but I am excited and I was wondering if anyone knows how I could get that fresh new car scent. The air freshners I have bought are a big joke smell nothing like a new car.
    [/begin ramble]
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that fresh "new car" scent comes from the glue used to hold the pieces of the dash together. It's probably poisonous, lol, it just so happens that people enjoy it and associate it w/ a new car.
    [/end ramble]

I would recommend checking out the California Cool brand air freshners. They look like a tuna can with these brown fiberous squares inside. I had one in my old car that lasted forever and everyone always commented on it. I usually find them at Walmart but note they are not in the auto section, check out the aisle w/ the Glade plugin refills and that kind of stuff, they are generally hidden there somewhere. And yes, they make a new car scent.
    2005 WRB Pearl WRX
    RIP - 12/21/04 - 2004 Nissan Spec-V

I love that scent so much it makes me want to weep...
    A lot of power is good, more is better, and too much is perfect. I mean, if less is more, think how much more more is...

Welcome!

Good luck getting that smell back.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    Welcome!

+ 1
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Registered User spyderpaint2004's Avatar
    Welcome!

hahaha, i had one of t

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor04
    [/begin ramble]
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that fresh "new car" scent comes from the glue used to hold the pieces of the dash together. It's probably poisonous, lol, it just so happens that people enjoy it and associate it w/ a new car.
    [/end ramble]

I would recommend checking out the California Cool brand air freshners. They look like a tuna can with these brown fiberous squares inside. I had one in my old car that lasted forever and everyone always commented on it. I usually find them at Walmart but note they are not in the auto section, check out the aisle w/ the Glade plugin refills and that kind of stuff, they are generally hidden there somewhere. And yes, they make a new car scent.

Registered User spyderpaint2004's Avatar
    Welcome!

hahaha +2

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor04
    [/begin ramble]
    [/end ramble]

i had one of those, they smelled for a week and then it began to smell like shiet after that. those organic ones right? if thats the one ur talking about then yes they're weak IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by taylor04
    [/begin ramble]
    [/end ramble]

You may be right, but i heard that it comes from the tar under the carpet to stick to the floor.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.